Jump to solution

How to schedule a nintex workflow?

Labels: (2)
7 Replies
praios81
Nintex Newbie

Re: How to schedule a nintex workflow?

Jump to solution

Depending on the SharePoint Version used klick on the gear menu or the site action menu, find the nintex workflow 20xx menu and hit "schedule workflows"

Note that only site workflows can be scheduled. List workflows cannot be scheduled

burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

The steps above from Enrico work to schedule a site workflow. If you want to do something with a list, in that site workflow that you schedule you query your list (query list action) and perform whatever actions you want to on that list.

0 Kudos
chad_austin
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

There are 2 places to schedule workflows depending on the type of workflow that you need to schedule.

Site Workflow:

Go up to the "Site Actions" menu and go to Nintex Workflow 20xx > Schedule workflows:

Schedule_site_WF.png

List Workflow:

Go into the list and open the item menu for the item that you would like to have the workflow scheduled on:

Schedule_List_WF.png

One thing to note when scheduling list workflows; the list schedule is reliant upon the the item itself. If the item is deleted from the list, the schedule will no longer function.

Thanks,

Chad Austin| Nintex – Workflow for Everyone | Senior Service Engineer |  support@nintex.com

View solution in original post

leif_frederikse
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I have a site workflow that draws data from a database and creates some list items.

I have scheduled it to run on an hourly basis and this works fine.

However - I would like to limit it to only run in "normal business hours" (basically from 8am to 4pm).

Is there some way to make such a fine-grained schedule?

Regards

Leif

0 Kudos
barryc
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

The way I would typically do this is create 9 different schedules, each of which runs daily: 8AM, 9AM, 10AM etc.

leif_frederikse
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Barry - of course, why didn't I think of that

Regards

Leif

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you. 

This is the process for SharePoint on-premises Nintex Scheduling. Anyone knows what are the options when it comes to SharePoint Online? 

- Thanks

0 Kudos