cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeCrawford
Nintex Newbie

How to populate form fields with calculated values

Jump to solution

This should be dead easy, and likely solved 1000 times before, but I'm trying to get various user profile attributes to populate various form fields. I am able to put calculated fields on the form, and those work great, but how do I put the calculated values into the form fields? I have tried naming the calculated fields, but can't set the form fields. I've tried connecting the calculated fields to the form fields, but that doesn't work either. This seems like it should be exceedingly simple. What am I missing?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
18 Replies
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: How to populate form fields with calculated values

Jump to solution
Hi,

Based on your screen shots you have your controls on the left bound to the SharePoint columns and you have a calculated control also bound to the same column. This means the calculated column control will populate the column and the columns on the left will clear the columns.
0 Kudos
MikeCrawford
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

But the columns on the left are not populating. How do I get them to populate?

0 Kudos
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution
If you are getting the same information in a calculated value why do you need both sides to populate?
0 Kudos
MikeCrawford
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

The fields will be sent via an email notification (workflow) to an external entity. I need to have the values recorded in the list so the workflow will work (and presumably flow!)

0 Kudos
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution
I get that but you dont need to have the information in the controls on the left and the calculated controls especially if both sides are connected to list columns.
0 Kudos
MikeCrawford
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I'd love to remove the calculated fields, but how do I get the values to populate in the list fields?

0 Kudos
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution
Put the same formula in the default field of the left hand controls configuration and then remove the calculated value controls.
0 Kudos
MikeCrawford
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I tried that initially but it puts some horrendous guid in the field.

0 Kudos
MikeCrawford
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I'll keep experimenting and will pull screenshots if I can't get it. Thanks so much for your help, @SimonMuntz 

0 Kudos