cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reddy
Nintex Newbie

How to make a mandatory fields based on the check box section another column should be mandatory ??

Hi Developers,

I am facing  some issue with the mandatory fields.

In a list there in 10 checkbox is there and 2 single line of text box. If i check any check box  and single line of text Date column should be mandatory. 

If i am not select any data "Date" column not a mandatory. Based on check box check date should be mandatory.

Please suggest to me how to resolve this issue.

Regards

Reddy sekhar

+91 8553322492

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jpmhuls
Nintex Newbie

Re: How to make a mandatory fields based on the check box section another column should be mandatory ??

Use a validation rule on your Date field that it can't be NulOrEmpty if any of the other fields are filled. You need to use sever AND() and OR() functions to accomplish this. Something down the line of (4 checkboxes and 1 single line of text):

AND(OR(cbx1=Yes, Or(cbx2=Yes, Or(cbx3=Yes, Or(cbx4=Yes,Not(NulOrEmpty(slt1)))))),NulOrEmpty(<your Date field)).

You may need to convert the Date to text before NulOrEmpty works, or check if date > 1/1/1900 (or something). As for the many checkboxes, you could also use a Named calculated field (hide it using a validation rule that's always true) which OR's all the checkboxes so you only need to check if this calculated field is Yes or No in your Date's validation rule.

Hopefully this helps.

0 Kudos