I have an InfoPath form saved as a web-browser form in a SharePoint library that needs two fields (Project Number and Item URL) populated from another SharePoint list.
I used Query list and filtered it by the requesters emails in the InfoPath form to pull back the Project Numbers from the other SharePoint list with the same requesters' emails to populate a Collection Variable, which I convert to a text variable and then use Update XML to add to the InfoPath form. I then tried Query List with the same filters to bring back URLs to those same items by pulling the Encoded Absolute URL into a Collection Variable, which I again convert to a text variable and thne use Upgae XML to add them to the InfoPath form. Hoewver, the URLs don't work.
Has anyone had luck using Encoded Absolute URL or any other way to pull item URLs from a SharePoint list.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Your best bet might be to simply use the Build string action
Site URL/lists/List Name/DispForm.aspx?id=ID
Where the underlined values are Nintex references. Here, ID is the id of the item that you want to link to, not the item that you’re updating.
Thank you, Anthony, that worked!
For anyone who might need to do something similar, this is what worked
1. Query list = pulling from the list, filered so that requester names from SP Form library match requester names from the SP list and populate a Project No collection variable and an ID collection variable
2. For each = target = ID collection variable and store = ID single line of text variable
3. Build string (in For each action) = Anthony's solution (List URL/DispForm.aspx?id=ID) and store = File Link single line of text variable
4. Collection operation (in For each action) = target = File Link collection variable and Value = Workflow Data / File Link single line of text variable
5. Regular expression = I changed the ; in the Pattern to a comma and a space (requested by users), Input Project No collection variable, and Store in Project No List Single Line of Text variable
6. Regular expression = I changed the ; in the Pattern to a comma and a space (requested by users), Input File Link collection variable, and Store in File Link List Multiple Lines of Text variable
7. Update XML = XPath query (copied Project No field from InfoPath form), Replace node contents, Insert Reference for Project No List Single Line of Text Variable AND XPath query (copied Project Link field from InfoPath form), Replace node contents, Insert Reference for Project No List Single Line of Text Variable
The Project Nos are updating in the InfoPath form, but not the File Links - I'm going to submit that as a separate question. However, my question was answered as when I included an email to myself with the variables included in the email it has the correct Project Numbers and correct Project links that work.