cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

How to create a site then provision its users using a workflow

This document outlines how to create a site with a workflow then add users to it with permission levels not limited to "Site Owner". This can be used with both the Standard and Enterprise versions of Nintex Workflow.

Labels: (1)
5 Replies
Not applicable

Re: How to create a site then provision its users using a workflow

Emily Slagle​ and all,

Thanks for this tutorial! I am following along, and when putting in the URL at the Web Service action, I am getting: "Request failed with status: Bad Request." upon hitting refresh.

I have followed along exactly step by step.

Do you know what the cause of this error is preventing me from moving forward? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I managed to get past the above issue. Step #8 in that section was just a little confusing. I've completed all the steps! However, the workflow is getting an error.

It seems as if my build string or something where I am adding the quotes is causing issues. I've tried both with quotes and without quotes and both have said that it's failing. Would appreciate any insight! Thanks.

6/23/2015 2:00 PM Comment  <Users><UserLoginName "i:0#.f|ldapmember|weffelms"/></Users> 

6/23/2015 2:00 PM Comment  Failed to invoke web service. Name cannot begin with the '"' character, hexadecimal value 0x22. Line 2, position 329.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I'm looking to add users to a site using web service: AddPermissionsCollection in O365: AddPermissionsCollection dynamic creation of permissionsInfoXML string

This requirement is slightly different to the one in this example. 1. I'm building the functionality in O365, not NW 2010, and instead of building up a XML with user lists info:

<Users>

<User LoginName="i:0#.f|membership|test1@test.net" Email=test1@test.com" Name="Test 1" Notes="Notes" />

<User LoginName="i:0#.f|membership|test2@test.net" Email="test2@test.com" Name="Test 2" Notes="Notes" />

<User LoginName="i:0#.f|membership|test3@test.net" Email="test3@test.com" Name="Test 3" Notes="Notes" />

</Users>

I need it like this with the permissions  mask.

<Users>

<User LoginName="i:0#.f|membership|test1@test.net" Email=test1@test.com" Name="Test 1" Notes="Notes" PermissionMask="1011030767"/>

<User LoginName="i:0#.f|membership|test2@test.net" Email="test2@test.com" Name="Test 2" Notes="Notes" PermissionMask="1011030767"/>

<User LoginName="i:0#.f|membership|test3@test.net" Email="test3@test.com" Name="Test 3" Notes="Notes" PermissionMask="1011030767"/>

</Users>

I need to dynamically create the Users XML info, based on a list group/persons field, that is multi-select: I have a post here with the requirements as well: AddPermissionsCollection dynamic creation of permissionsInfoXML string

Any assistance in terms of how one could auto generate this Users XML in O365 would be most helpful!

0 Kudos
mapeacock
Nintex Newbie

Hi,

Great post!

But thought I would note some issues in the Document that result in errors similar to what Stacie above has found.

When creating the Users xml to insert into the webservice call, pay attention to the Screen shot as opposed to the typed text.

In the "Format the user Collection XML" section, under "Add Build String action", point 2 states:

2. In the text box, type <Users><UserLoginName “{ItemProperty:Contributors}”/></Users>

This is mistyped. If you look at the screenshot it says:

<Users><User LoginName= "{ItemProperty:Contributors}"/></Users>

Also ensure you replace the and characters with ", if you copy and paste the text out of the document. This will also need to be done in the Regular Expression actions too.

Once I corrected these typos my site creation worked.

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Anyone interested in the O365/Online solution:  AddPermissionsCollection dynamic creation of permissionsInfoXML string

0 Kudos