cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

How to convert drop-down selection to all CAPS

Jump to solution

I have a 2013 Nintex form with a drop down selection and would like to save the selection in ALL CAPS.  I would like for the user to see it in it's proper case but upon submitting the form, convert the value to all CAPS.

for example:

Field 1 (has the following choice values - Value1; Value2; Value3)

When user saves the form, I would like for it to save as VALUE1; VALUE2; VALUE3 in SharePoint.

Is this possible?  I would appreciate any help!

Thanks!

Labels: (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Not applicable

Re: How to convert drop-down selection to all CAPS

Jump to solution

You could try using a form variable.

When in the form design view you can click the icon in the ribbon to for form variable.

Variables have two qualities that sound right for your requirement:

1.) They can perform calculations and pass data back to your list (the think the calculations can include formatting not just Maths)

2.) They do not show on the form so the end user does not see them

I don't have Forms product in front on me at the moment but try looking in the options for creating a form variable and look at the functions that are available I know in Nintex workflow there is a function called fn-toupper. In Forms I cant remember if the same function is available.

Once you have the formula in the variable which would look something like fn-topupper(field name) use the connected to option to tell the variable which column to save its data back to.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is your drop down multi select choice column? If you are using choice field and saving only 1 value, then you can create a calculated column in your list.  = UPPER(ChoiceField)

If you are saving multiple values then you can use Form Variable to save the value back to the field.

• Create Form Variable.
  • Select Type  >> String.
  • Select Connected To >> Your choice field
  • Formula >> toUpper(Your choice Field)
  • Publish form and try

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Thank you both for the reply.  I did not use the form variable option.  I just created a calc column in list, since I only needed the one value selection and worked like a charm.  Thanks again!

0 Kudos