cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

How do I filter out duplicates using the list lookup control?

I am building a model of an existing forms process as part of my organization's evaluation of the Nintex form and workflow products. So far, I have created two SharePoint lists. One to hold the menu items for the form and one to store the selections made using the form. For the purposes of this discussion, I'll call the list that holds the menu selections, "Menu Selections", and the one that holds the items selected, "Menu Items Selected". The form is built on the Menu Items Selected list.

I'm experiencing the following two issues: (1) I have not been able to filter out the duplicates in the Menu Selections items, and (2) I have not been able to use one of the Menu Selections chosen to filter the selections in subsequence form controls.

Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks.

Labels: (3)
Tags (2)
5 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: How do I filter out duplicates using the list lookup control?

Hi,

Maybe this can help

Cascading drop downs and Nintex Forms for SharePoint

Best regards,

Christophe

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks Christophe, that worked.

Any thoughts on the duplicates?

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

I can't think of a way to remove duplicates from the controls inherently, but there are a few things to discuss. First and obvious, and just so we can get a bearing on your situation, can you delete the duplicates from the source list? I assume not.

Can you create a lookup column on the current list that does this same lookup? Single select lookup columns can have an advanced setting to define it as unique. This means when editing the current item and using the lookup, the current item in the list cannot have the same lookup result as another item in the list. But this doesn't seem what you needed either.

It could be possible that you store the client ID of the control in a javaScript variable, then in the form's settings you can find the control and filter it's contents then through JS.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks Andrew.

The way the original list is setup to function with it's InfoPath form is the menu1 selection reduces the menu2 selections which reduces menu3 selections which returns a unique row after menu4 has been selected. None of the before mentioned menus contain duplicate values. There is a switch setting in InfoPath that eliminates them. There were maintenance considerations that caused us to set the list up this way.

After consulting with my colleagues, I've decided to break the main list up into related tables so that we eliminate the duplicates.

Thanks again for your help... it is appreciated!

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Sounds like a good plan to manage the source, good luck!

0 Kudos