cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

How can I pass the form variable to workflow?

Jump to solution

Whenever the form get loaded on device, what is the best way to do some calculations (in my case, date time calculations) within the form, assign the result of calculation to a form variable (or anything) and pass the result to workflow?

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How can I pass the form variable to workflow?

Jump to solution

Use Calculated Value control and assign it to a workflow variable.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi, Thank you.. But I didn't see the workflow variables on form to use. Could you please tell me where I can access the workflow variables inside the form and assign a value?

CalValueCntrl.png

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Ohh. I didn't find 'workflow variables' in this drop down. I have variables in my workflow. Am I missing any configuration here?

CalValueCntrl.png

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

What type of variables have You defined. In 'Connected to' list of a Calculated value control only following types are visible: single line of text, number and integer.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

I have a variable of number and single line of text. Any configuration is needed in form side?

wkVariables.png

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Manfred, like Srinivasa Rao, I'm trying to assign the output of a Calculated field on a form to a list workflow variable. I'm having the identical problem: my workflow variable do not show up in the Connected to dropdown. The calculated field outputs a String value, the workflow variable is of type Single Line Of Text. I have tried with a list and site workflow both. What do you think could be the problem?

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi, did you ever get this resolved?

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Robert van Raamsdonk, Srinivasa Rao,

As per my understanding, the form will show Workflow Variables only when you are editing the Task form. Otherwise there is no link between the variables of the list form and the workflow that is running on the list item. You can save the value from the form to your list and then let the workflow read it.