cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hide the footer text in the notification email in Lazy Approval enabled task notification

Hi,

I just want to ask if it is possible to hide the system generated text at the end of the task notification email with Lazy Approval enabled. It looks like this:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

This task has been assigned to you. Reply with one of the following phrases on a line by itself at the top of your email:

Approved
Rejected

Need help?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

By the way, this is on Nintex Workflow for Office 365.

Thanks in advance!

Bullet

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Hide the footer text in the notification email in Lazy Approval enabled task notification

Vadim TabakmanMike Fitzmaurice​ Might one you two know if this is possible?  This question was posted by one of my developers that's working on a workflow for one of our clients.  We're trying to customize the email notification, but can't find where the appended "footer" text comes from so that we can either delete it or suppress / hide it.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Hide the footer text in the notification email in Lazy Approval enabled task notification

Hi Steve and Francis,

I don't know the answer to that one, so I'll run it by some people and see if we can find out.

cheers,

Vadim

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Awesome and thanks!  With On-Prem, it's easily configurable via Central Admin, but O365 doesn't have Central Admin, soooooooo here we are  ;-)

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

It's not likely something you can edit -- at this moment. The team knows they need to provide a means to edit both the Lazy Approval message text and the list of synonyms for terms like Approve/Reject. It's in the queue of features to add, so it will happen, but I don't have a timeline.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thanks, Fitz!  Shall await its release with baited breath!!  Till then, shall just adjust the verbiage in the notification body for our client.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hello, ‌!

Has this been resolved? Ran into this ticket as it's something I'm looking for myself (as well as task-no-longer-required modifications) but I don't see a way to do it. 

Cheers,

rhia

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Is there a way to do this? I've had this requested by a customer and I would hope there would be a way given that this was being asked for three years ago.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi, I opened case number 246103 related to this:
We are trying to figure out how to remove headers from emails from the workflow in SharePoint online. I see you have a KB article: https://support.nintex.com/SharePoint/Workflow/Disabling_Header_and_Footer_in_Notification_Message But that appears to only be for SharePoint on-prem. How do we disable them in SharePoint online?

From my user:

how to turn off the “header” on these workflow notifications that now seem to be forced into the message as we move into Outlook 365, not seen before that – I don’t want (or at least want to be able to control) to see the header.  Apparently it doesn’t show up if I were to forward or attach an example to you, so see the image below to see what I’m talking about.

link to image:

any ideas?  This is really ugly for our end users.  Only happened after moving to our users to Office 365 from exchange 2007. Maybe a setting in Exchange or something?

I also added this to the voice of user under the heading Disabling Header and Footer in Notification Message

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

We figured it out. It’s a fairly subtle option in the workflow action configuration, called “Delivery method” with a couple of the options being “Email with Actionable Message” vs “Email Only”, the former of which is what has been putting that “header” on there.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply