cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error publishing Nintex Form: "object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I receive the error "object reference not set to an instance of an object" when I try to publish a Nintex Form. I can't preview the Form, either. I've tried publishing/previewing with a simple test list (including nothing but a title) and get the same issue.

I am working on SharePoint Standard 2013 with Nintex Forms 2013.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Labels: (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
chad_austin
Nintex Newbie

Re: Error publishing Nintex Form: "object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Hi Ben,

Typically when you see this message, especially after a new/fresh install it’s due to an issue connecting to the Nintex Forms database.

Can you check and ensure that you have a forms database, and that each of the service accounts running your application pools have the “WSS_Content_Application_Pools” database role on the SQL server.

WSS_Content_app_pools-perms.xml.png

Not applicable

Re: Error publishing Nintex Form: "object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Thanks Chad. We ended up resolving the issue by uninstalling and reinstalling Nintex Forms and renaming the database. I think it was probably due to the install not being done in the correct order.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks for the hint on how to resolve this, Ben.

I decided to try renaming the database in Central Administration > Nintex Forms Management > Manage Database first (without re-installing).  Found that this worked by itself. A database with the new name was created, and forms now publish without errors.

The perplexing thing is that the permissions on the new database are (so far as I can tell) identical.

0 Kudos