cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markaltman
Nintex Newbie

Re: Create Tab like functionality on your Nintex Forms

Very new to SharePoint and Nintex both. Could a person use one rule applied to all of the panels? for example if I named each panel to equal the value of it's corresponding button I'd like the rule to be something like "MyButtonValue!={Self}". I haven't been able to figure out a way to make this work.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Vadim Tabakman

Thank you for your post, I have successfully created a tabbed form

The tabs are only showing at the top of the form at present -

I would like to show them at the bottom of the form, so if the user scroll to the bottom of the form they do not need to go back up to the top to find the tabs again.

I have copied the controls and pasted them simply at the bottom as below -

But they do not work?

Have you any ideas please?

Thanks

Karen

0 Kudos
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Hi Karen,

are you talking about having tabs at the top AND bottom?

Vadim

Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Hi Joseph,

you can download he form I used in this video, here: Nintex Forms - Tab like Functionality - Vadim Tabakman

Vadim

0 Kudos
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

If that's it, then my guess would be that you would need to add some JavaScript to capture when the buttons are clicks, and the make sure the appropriate button in the bottom tab gets selected automatically.

I had a quick look, and I don't know how to do that.  I'm sure it's possible though.

Vadim

Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Ok, I got it to work with the help from the JavaScript in other thread.  But it needed to be tweaked.

You can download the Form here : TopBottomTabsForm.zip

I did have to store the Choice control IDs in JavaScript variables.

I added some JS into the Custom JavaScript section in Form Settings.

I also needed to update the rules.

Hope this helps.

Vadim

Not applicable

Hi Vadim Tabakman

I have just seen your reply here, thank you.

See the post "Repeat a choice control working as my Tabs", as this seems to be moved/deleted I cannot paste a link here.

I think you helped me solve this on the other post.

Thank you.

Karen

0 Kudos
themos
Nintex Newbie

Hey Vadim Tabakman,

Amazing solution, I love reading your posts!

There seems to be an issue with the Formatting Rules in the hidden panels, however...

If for example I want to disable a button (or any control, really) based on a condition on one of the hidden panels, e.g. disable clicking if a textbox is empty, the rule doesn't seem to trigger!

The only way (hack, really) to get it to work (and thus verifying that the formatting rule is correct) is by typing something in the textbox, switching the cursor focus, then clearing the textbox, and switching out the focus again!

Also, annoyingly, the exact rule works correctly if I choose to hide the button instead of disabling it, in the rules configuration!

That's why I believe it's a rendering issue, and it's been driving me crazy!

Have you noticed this behavior before and if so, can you think of a more functioning workaround solution??

e.g. force re-rending of the panel or re-triggering the formatting rules, after switching to the hidden panel in question?

PS: I tried calling NWF.FormFiller.Functions.ProcessOnChange(...), but I still got nothing.

Would really like to get your feedback on this!

jacob_g_fairclo
Nintex Newbie

For each rule use something like (Is Edit Mode) && (Tabs!="Identifications") and for the tabs section put these in a panel and hide the panel in display mode. This way when you are editing or creating a new form you get the tab like functionality and in display mode you can still print and view all panels.

Hope this helps I know the post is old.

0 Kudos
ljb
Nintex Newbie

I'm having trouble with spacing when switching between tabs.  My panels are close together but I've left a half inch between each one.  I have 12 tabs with a lot of fields.  When clicking through each tab there is progressively more space to scroll through before getting to the first field.  How do I fix this?

0 Kudos