cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rrelopez
Nintex Newbie

Create Content type with a dropdown choice field with values coming from manage metadata

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm working on a Nintex 2013 workflow. I have a "Request data" action wherein I wanted to create a Content type with a dropdown choice field. I have manage metadata called "Cost Centers" with lots of values and I wanted these values to be populated on the dropdwn choices. How can I achieve this? Or is it possible to do this? If you go to create a content type field, there is no choice of type manage metadata (via Request data configure action). ANy input would be greatly appreciated.

picc1.png

pic1.png

Thanks,

Rhee

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Create Content type with a dropdown choice field with values coming from manage metadata

Jump to solution

Hi Rhee,

i recommend to create the required content type outside of nintex. Go to Site Settings -> and find the "Web Designer Galleries" area. There you will have the possibility to first create "Site columns" and then create "Site content types" using your recently created "Site columns".

When creating the site columns via the site settings, also managed metadata is available:

Capture.JPG

Just make sure you chose the correct parent when creating your content type otherwise you won't be able to select it in your action.

Of course this can be realised using PowerShell or Visual Studio as well (although maybe overkill for your requirement)

Greetings

Philipp

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
rrelopez
Nintex Newbie

Re: Create Content type with a dropdown choice field with values coming from manage metadata

Jump to solution

Hi Philipp,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have tried creating a site column of type Managed Metadata and created a site content type. But it seems that I have selected the wrong parent when creating it since I'm not able to select it from the Request Data action.

This is what I selected upon creating it.

create custom content type.png

Can you suggest what "Parent content type from" and "Parent Content Type" should I select so I can see/select this from Request Data action?

Thanks in advance.

rrelopez
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I am now able to see/select the content type I have created. I selected a Custom Content Type (created via Nintex) as a parent and that made the custom content type visible from my Nintex action. Thanks Philipp for getting me in the right direction.

Rhee

Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

You're very welcome, glad to hear you got it working.

The last time I created a content type for using it in a request data action, I took "Workflow Task" as parent content type. This was working for me.

Cheers

Philipp

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi, Rhee,

Are you able to select a "correct answer" from a reply in this thread? If so, it's helpful to others in the community seeking answers to questions like yours.  Thanks!

Frank

Your community manager

0 Kudos