cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Choice buttons in edit mode

Jump to solution

Hi,

Apologies if this is a duplicate. I'm fairly new to Nintex, but couldn't find an answer to my problem on the site.

I have a bunch of choice fields as radio buttons. I can fill these in and submit the form just fine and I can the submissions fine in my list.

However when I go to edit the item (or to display item), none of my choice fields (or dropdowns) are filled in. If I then save it again without re-entering these, my previously saved values were overwritten.

Is there a way to have my chosen options appear in edit and display mode?

I have been looking at doing this with javascript, but I'm not quite there yet. I would like to avoid the javascript route however, as in total between all my forms I will have about 200 choice fields to do this for.

Not sure if it is relevant, but my form is built for an external content type/external list. I also only have Nintex Forms, not workflow.

Here's the javascript I'm using to set a button, but I'm missing the part where I get the value it was already set to (hard coded as "2" in this case)

NWF$('#' + mclCurriculumPlanning).find('input:radio[value="2"]').attr("checked","true")

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Choice buttons in edit mode

Jump to solution

Hi Sarah,

This should be possible with out of the box functionality. So there is no need to use extra JavaScript for this.

Out of the box Nintex form functionality with choice fields should show what you have saved before on the form in display or edit time. 

Could you please explain this issue more? Maybe sharing your form and list template?

Thanks,

Shahrzad

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Shahrzad,

thanks for getting back to me. How can I share the form template? Here are the screen shots of what my list and form look like. All the columns with data type "single line of text" are what my radio buttons are attached to.

Here is the list with some data filled in:

And when I go into edit the first item, none of the radio buttons are filled in:

I've tried putting the choice fields in auto, display and edit mode but it doesn't have any effect.

Thanks for your help with this, it is very frustrating!

Sarah

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

What if you change the fields to be Choice fields in the list? So management of staff is a Choice field in the list with the options of 1 2 3 4 5 and set as a radio option. All of these settings will be in list itself. Doing so will have connect the radio control with the field value. Did I misunderstand why the fields are single line of text?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Andrew,

as mentioned above I'm using external content types/ external lists. There is no way for me to get a choice field as a type for any of the columns in my list.

Thanks,

Sarah

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Sarah,

You won't able to save data on your external column via Nintex form when they are connected to normal controls like options. We have external column control to do this which has a display mode in control properties that you can select it as option buttons.     

Thanks,

Shahrzad

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The way I am doing it at the moment, the data is saved both on the SharePoint external list and in the SQL server database.

How can I set the options for an external column? This is the settings I put in for it and what it looks like in the form designer. How can I set what the options are, instead of "option1" etc, and the number of options (I don't know how or where it decided to display 6 options)? Also, this control never appears on the published form

Thanks for your help with this!

Sarah

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

The value of the options will come from the external content type at run time. At design time, it will display mock data.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

This doesn't work on the published form - no data is ever displayed.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Sarah,

As Andrew mentioned, the values for options will be populated in run time. It depends on how you create your external content type. Please  have a look at following posts, these might help you and let us know how you created your external content type

External Data Column Control - Drop down list

Blank External Data control: either in drop-down list or option buttons display mode

0 Kudos