cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Re: Cascading drop downs and Nintex Forms for SharePoint

Jump to solution

Fantastic tutorial Emily Billing​, helped me heaps!

baltner
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

We got this to work (SharePoint 2010) but need it to work in repeating sections. Apparently it does not. We have tried the workaround using JQuery but this doesn't work for us either.

I see from the April 2015 product release notes that this feature is supposed to be implemented for the O365 version. Will this be available soon for SharePoint 2010 as well?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hey Bruce, cascading drop downs in repeating sections will be available in the next release of Nintex Forms 2013. Keep an eye out for the announcement in the Product Release Announcements​ space.

0 Kudos
waltont
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Emily Billing - Is there an example of this somewhere that doesn't rely on another drop down (Non-cascading)?

I want to pull a list of items based on another list based on the user logged in. I want it to display a set of column fields based on the user logged in if the user's name appears in another list.

For example:

User George is on 3 of 8 lines on List A:

Alpha George Larry

Bravo Larry Ben

Charlie Larry George

Delta George Ben

Echo Larry Ben

Foxtrot Ben Larry

Golf Ben Larry

Hotel Larry Ben

What I want it to do is display the items in the dropdown when George is logged in because George's name appears in one or more of the sub columns. The valid entries based on the data above should be the following:

Alpha

Charlie

Delta

Whenever I'm in List B's form I tied the list lookup "Source list" to List A and it will display ALL items with no problem. I select "By a specified value" in the "filter available selections". When I attempt to add the conditional filtering in the "where" field, I only see the columns for List B and not List A. I would expect that the source being from List A that list B wouldn't apply but instead I only see the column names for List B in the insert reference page when I click the "book" icon at the end of the where field. I have "current user" selected for the filtered by value. I figure that's probably the best result of what I want for there, but I basically want the first column info populated when the logged in user appears in either column B or C but I cannot seem to get the column names to populate in this control to select them.

I am not using O365, we are using the trial version of Nintex forms 2013 on sharepoint 2013.

Please advise what I'm doing wrong here. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Andrew, in the latest release of Nintex Form for Office 365, cascading drop downs are now available Nintex Workflow for Office 365 - Release Notes

0 Kudos
waltont
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Update: We applied a full Nintex forms license and are experiencing the same issue. There doesn't appear to be a way to reference the columns from the other list to populate the dropdown menu:

I've seen other screenshots allowing a lookup to take place, but that requires the "Runtime functions" tab and I'm not seeing this here.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Tyler, there isn't a tutorial on the site around this. If you can, can you create a new discussion question in the Learn More​ space - that way it'll be posted as a question, and more members of the community will see the question. These comments are a little hidden to the majority of people on the site!

0 Kudos
akrasheninnikov
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Please support this idea if you also think that similar cascading functionality should be implemented for BCS-based External Data from relational databases (aka external content types, LobSystem data).

Not applicable

Jump to solution

How can we avoid refreshing the page when filtering the cascade dropdown?

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hey Nitin, what version of Nintex Forms are you on? For Nintex Forms 2013, this was fixed in the latest release (v2.6.0.0), and will be fixed in an upcoming release of Nintex Forms 2010. 

0 Kudos