cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Can we use sql request control in a Nintex form to insert form control data into a sql table.Not able to figure out how to refer to form control values in my sql. Please help

Hi ,

The sql request control available in Nintex enterprise allows me to insert data using hard coded values like insert into employee(name)('somita') but I need to refer to the form control value ( the user fills his  name in a text box ) and that needs to go inside the sql table .  The control name is 'Name'.

In case anyone has done this please help .

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Can we use sql request control in a Nintex form to insert form control data into a sql table.Not able to figure out how to refer to form control values in my sql. Please help

If you connect your form fields to workflow variables, then you can build your sql string using values from workflow variables.

not tested, but should go

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Can we use sql request control in a Nintex form to insert form control data into a sql table.Not able to figure out how to refer to form control values in my sql. Please help

I am not using workflow . I am just attaching form to a list and using that to connect to sql table

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Nintex forms aren't designed to write back to SQL tables. We built them to work hand-in-hand with workflows, not as a standalone solutions. If you don't want o use workflow, and you need to write to a SQL table, your only remaining option is crazy amounts of JavaScript.

That said, if this list is an external list, created from a BCS connection to your database, it should just work; the external list would be doing the work for you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Thanks Fabio for showing the way and thank you Mike for confirming what I too thought was the case.

@Mike if I go ahead with approach suggested by Fabio  can I use stored procedure with parameters  in sql request workflow action . In that way we can build entire logic in SQL and pass the form parameters as sql  stored procedures . But does sql  request support stored procedures with parameters.

0 Kudos