cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Can we create Custom Ribbon action Using Nintex Workflow

Hello All , Just wanted to know can we create custom ribbon action on document library using Nintex custom action ? If yes then please suggest me how . I need to accomplish bulk download action for document library on O365.

Thank you !

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Can we create Custom Ribbon action Using Nintex Workflow

Just to geht the question right - you want to create a Ribbon button using a workflow? That actually doesn't seem to make sense to me.

You can add ribbon actions by using the sharepoint API - like Walkthrough: Adding a Button to the Server Ribbon . Although this referes to SharePoint 2010, you can use CustomActions in SharePoint 2013 as well as Office365. You could also deploy them using JavaScript or Powershell if you don't want to create a WSP (keep in mind, that O365 will only support sandboxed solutions!).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I am sorry but I believe you have not mistaken my primary question.Yes , I need to create custom ribbon using Nintex workflow/ Action since I am using to Nintex form. I don’t like to deploy WSP, apps for this requirement hence nintex have such capability if I am not mistaken.

Do you have any JavaScript code for such solution, if you have post here that would be great.

Thank you reply !!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

So,  where do you need that button? In a nintex form or in the SharePoint ribbon?

If you need a custom button in a nintex form you can add a button to the form and in the settings of the button you can choose to add the button to the ribbon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Actual I need bulk download button in ribbon and read somewhere Nintex give such functionality. anyways if you have client side code for that then please post here, its appreciated. 

Thank you  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

I'm not aware of a functionality within Nintex that will allow you to bulk download documents. However: you could write a customaction to achieve something like this!

Don't be mislead: the term CustomAction in the context of SharePoint is not the same as a Nintex Workflow Custom-Action! The later is a custom developed action used within a workflow, the first is an "extension-point" within SharePoint.

To create custom ribbon-buttons and how to register them you could check out the blog-post by Waldek Mastykarz: Deploying Custom Actions using the App Model - Waldek Mastykarz . Although he is using an app and c#, you could leverage JSOM from JavaScript in a similar fashion - but again: this is out of scope of Nintex!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Anyways thank you for your feedback, i am positive nintex does have such capability to create custom action on the SP ribbon 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Patrick Hosch​: do you know of such a capability?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Kamal Pandey​, Nintex does not provide any capabilities to create custom ribbon bar actions. Using SharePoint Designer you can create a ribbon bar action to run a workflow from the ribbon bar, but not for bulk uploading documents.

Can you elaborate on the requirement? Cause you can bulk upload documents via the drag and drop feature of SharePoint. I am guessing that should be sufficient?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Kamal Pandey​ wanted to bulk download files - not upload. AFAIK there is no such OOTB feature in SharePoint. There might be 3rd Party solutions, that offer a bulk-download as a ZIP-File.

Like:

- Zip and Unzip multiple documents in SharePoint Library | Bulk Zip and Unzip

- DeviantPoint | SharePoint 2010 Download as Zip File Custom Ribbon Action

- Download multiple documents for SharePoint 2010 | SharePoint Analyst HQ

0 Kudos