cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Can not activate Forms Site Collection features on a newly created site collection.

Jump to solution

This site collection does have a copy of another subsite from another site collection which was at one time running Forms.  Error = The field with Id {ce8c2faf-1a10-4e3a-be01-8b2e954f2d62} defined in feature {716f0ee9-e2b0-41f0-a73c-47ed73f135de} was found in the current site collection or in a subsite.

Any thoughts?  I've tried retracting and re-deploying the solution.

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Can not activate Forms Site Collection features on a newly created site collection.

Jump to solution

Is the new created site collection template a SharePoint Standard template (such as a teamsite template) or is it a customized template which has been added to the site collection templates with a subsite in it?

Just create a Standard teamsite template and try to active the Feature there. I think there should activatable....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Can not activate Forms Site Collection features on a newly created site collection.

Jump to solution

It is but keep in mind it is a copy from another sub site in a different site collection within the same web application.  I basically saved a copy of the site (with content) as a template and then just deployed it in another site collection via a solution.  I tuned off the features from the source site and site collection but run into the error above when trying to turn them on for the new site collection.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I ran into a similar problem and had to blow away the newly created site.  Start with a clean site and move the list and libraries over individually after I had activated Nintex in the new site.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I have been working with Nintex's Support Engineers to resolve a similar issue related to Nintex Workflows and after putting in a lot of time, I have stumbled upon a decent workaround. We encountered this issue in our main Production site collection so blowing away the site collection was not an option. The reason the issue happened was that we migrated a sub-site under that site collection using a migration tool (Metalogix Content Manager) from our DEV/TEST environment (that had Nintex Workflows installed) to our PROD environment (that did NOT have Nintex Workflows installed at that time). The sub-site actually did not have any workflows but the migration resulted in some traces of Nintex Content Types inadvertently being copied over to the Production site collection. Anyway, here is how I managed to get Nintex Workflows working on the affected site collection.

Run the following PowerShell command to force activate the Nintex Workflow 2013 site collection feature on the affected site collection.

Enable-SPFeature -identity "NintexWorkflow" -url http://production/sites/OLDSiteCollection -force

Then activate the site feature "Nintex Workflow 2013" from the UI on the old site collection. Now if you try to create a Nintex Workflow, you will encounter this error when you try to save the workflow - "NintexWorkflowID" field is missing or has been deleted by a user

Now create a new site collection, say http://production/sites/freshSiteCollection. Activate the "Nintex Workflow 2013" site collection feature there. Then activate the site feature by the same name. Since this site collection is new, you will be able to activate both features through the UI without any errors. Then create a new Nintex Workflow on any list in the root site of this new site collection. Now run the following PowerShell command to export out an intact working copy of the "NintexWorkflows" list.

export-spweb -identity http://production/sites/freshSiteCollection -path C:\NintexWorfklows.stp -itemurl /sites/freshSiteCollection/NintexWorkflows

Then run the following PowerShell command to import the working copy of the "NintexWorkflows" list into your old/affected site collection.

import-spweb -identity http://production/sites/OLDSiteCollection -path C:\NintexWorkflows.stp

Copying this list to the affected site collection ensures that any missing fields are all copied over. Now you will be able to save and publish Nintex Workflows on the affected site collection! Keep in mind that this hasn't really fixed the original problem so you will need to import the working copy of the "NintexWorkflows" list into every sub-site of the affected site collection where you activate the site feature. Hope this helps in case you ran into this issue in Production!

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I was able to get the feature to activate after going through all the sub-sites and deleting the site columns "Nintex Live Forms - Created By" and "Nintex Live Forms - Modified By".

In my case someone had created a site template in a different site collection and then deployed and used that template in a site collection that did not have forms enabled.

Ken

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hassan is on the right track!

This issue occurs due to finding Nintex Workflow content type fields somewhere inside the site collection when activating the feature. By importing these spweb objects in to the site collection with the feature activated you are simply fixing the broken inheritance for these content type fields.

This can be resolved by following the blog below or by using hassans method above:

The field with Id {} defined in feature {} was found in the current site collection or in a sub site...

Regards,

Andrew Beals

0 Kudos