cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Can Two Nintex Forms Be Created On the Same List for Two Different Views?

Jump to solution

I have a list that we have different views created from that we would like to create different forms for each different view. I have been unable to figure out how to create a different form for each different view without creating a different list. I'm fairly new to Nintex forms, so I would appreciate any input from the community if someone know how to accomplish this (or, if it can even be done). Thanks.

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Can Two Nintex Forms Be Created On the Same List for Two Different Views?

Jump to solution

Hello,

No - Nintex does not currently support different forms for different views.  However,it does support individual forms per Content Type - so if you were using content types you could have a different form displayed for each.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

OK. As a newbie, I've only been exposed to the list itself and different views of the list. So, "Content Type" is a new term for me. Can you give me an abbreviated description of what that is?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

From MS: content type defines the metadata and behavior for a particular data entity—usually, a business document or item of some kind. Each content type contains references to one or more site columns. You can also associate workflows, information management policies, and document templates with content types.

That being said - they aren't a fit for every situation.  The other avenue you could explore is creating rules with the Forms Designer that could offer the users different "views" (not a view in the sense of a list view, but in the sense of various controls being hidden and displayed)  of the data on the form itself.   Now these rules can as simple or complex as needed (such as creating tabs that contain fields, etc..)  so it really depends on what you need as far as the user experience.

Hope this helps a bit anyways!

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Donna,

You may want to look at creating a different view in the form of panels.  That means lumping your fields together in NIntex panels and then showing/hiding them based on conditions controlled by rules.

This is not too easy or too complicated, and depending on what you are trying to do, may or may not work.  Just depends on how complex you are attempting to set your form.

Eric

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Although there doesn't seem to be a direct positive to my hopes to being able to create a different form for each view, this answer seems to be the best option for my dilemma. Thanks for weighing on my problem everyone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

I'd say Eric's suggestion is a great way to do it and is where I was going with the mention of using rules to hide and show controls as needed.

Thanks!

Mike

0 Kudos