cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Approval URL Reference Issue

Jump to solution

So currently, I have a request review task, which is assigned to two people. There is a parallel action that also has a reminder tied to it where I am referencing the Approval URL in a hyperlink within the notification. I am having an issue that when the reminder goes out, the Approval URL is only designated by the first review task that is created. So Person 1, can view the task because the Approval URL Reference is designated to that persons task, but Person 2 gets Person 1's task as well, so Person 2 is not authorized to complete the task. Anyone ever run into this issue or know of a work around?

Thanks

Kane

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Approval URL Reference Issue

Jump to solution

Hi Kane,

In the request review I assume you need both people to review not just one of them? If that is the case a work around would be to create a new parallel action and duplicate your request review so you have one for each assignee. I.e. in each branch you have another parallel action with a request review and reminder. The workflow will wait for both branches to be completed before moving on.

Not sure if there is an easier way to do this. An alternative would be to have the link in the reminder email go to a page where you have the My Workflow Tasks webpart configured and they can review all outstanding tasks for themselves only.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Jan,

This request review actually only requires one response for completion, so I'm not sure if this would fix the issue.

The second could also be a possibility, but I would like to make it as simple and straight forward as possible for the users.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Kane,

In that case, make sure the option "Create individual tasks for all group members" in the Request Review action is unchecked. This will create one task for all reviewers (and I think the URL should be the same for all reviewers).

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The reviewers are going to be a dynamic set, so you're not going to know who is assigned to the task until the initiator designates a reviewer. Therefore there are no groups, just references to a variable and the initiator. So, there is still separate tasks because this does not involve any groups.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Sorry, yes I see what the issue is. Each person gets their own workflow task regardless of how "Create individual tasks for all group members" is configured. Your easiest option would be to have a separate site workflow that runs once a day and looks at your workflow tasks list for any outstanding tasks that are x number of days old and sends out reminders accordingly. Those reminders could then reference the correct links.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I think this should work, thanks!

0 Kudos