cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Add Bullet Points Inside Multi-lines Text Controls

I have a form with three multi-lines text controls and within each I would like to set up bullet points to appear when the user has completed typing a line and hitting the enter key.  I would like to have the bullet point automatically appears instead of manually inputting it.  Is this possible?

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Add Bullet Points Inside Multi-lines Text Controls

hm, this sound to me to be native capability of multiline textbox with reach text enabled.

once I click on 'bulleted list' icon then it inserts bullets with every new line.

so, do you have reach text enabled?

or what's so specific on your question that you can not use it?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

So you have rich text enabled multi line text fields right? Can you have default value of a bullet point already in the field? Is this a nintex form? 

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Amazing what a single change does.  When I changed the field type to "Rich Text", a menu bar is displayed in each of the multi-text controls to allow the user to select the bullet option.

Although not what I originally was hoping for, but this will be a good alternative.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Thank you for your response Cassy.  I've responded to Marian's post regarding this matter.  I think you both have the same idea and based on your responses, I think I've found a good alternative solution to this question.  I will mark it answered.

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Marian,

It's me again and back with this....the users are requesting to have the "strikethrough" option among the formatting options on the ribbon bar.  Is there any way to accomplish this?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I believe I have answered my own question:  What I did was change my field type to "Enhanced rich text" and I get the full range of formats to use on the top ribbon:

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

it's always the best to find resolution on your own

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply