mccoy
Novice

site workflow that takes most recent file in doc library and attaches it to email and sends it out

Fairly new to Nintex, I have looked around and haven't found a solution for this yet.  I have a document library that gets updated with a new file daily.  I want to take that new file attach it and email it out to clients.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
cherylshah
Scout

Re: site workflow that takes most recent file in doc library and attaches it to email and sends it o

Rather than a site workflow, I would suggest a list workflow in the library where your files are stored. All you need there is a Send Notification action, with the box "Attach file from workflow" checked. Also be sure Delivery type is set to Email.

Send Notification.png

Set the workflow to run when items are created, and not modified:

Workflow Settings.png

A word of warning though - this will send the file to your clients as soon as it is uploaded. If the file is uploaded and then it's realized that the file contains a mistake, clients will have already received it. You could add a Pause For action prior to the Send Notification action, and set it for some amount of time where mistakes would be caught but it's still sent in a timely manner. That gives you leeway to cancel the workflow before the email is sent.

0 Kudos
mccoy
Novice

Re: site workflow that takes most recent file in doc library and attaches it to email and sends it o

Thank you for your reply.  I should have stated that I am using Nintex with Sharepoint Online.  So from what I can tell, I do not have the option you are referring to. Which is to bad, that looks straight forward and exactly what I am looking for.  

0 Kudos