Not applicable

set item permission - user disappears

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the Set Item Permissions. I've set up multiple permission groups.  Each permission group will be able to see certain list items based on the Project field.  So, for example, if Project = Digital then the Digital Team Permission group will have contribute privileges.

When I go into the workflow and click Configure, the permission group that I've put in disappears.  I have to re-enter it.  It appears to authenticate.  I'm not sure if this a bug in the software. Or if I'm doing something wrong.  Or if authentication isn't happening.  I know the permission groups are set up.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
mapeacock
Nintex Newbie

Re: set item permission - user disappears

Patti,

Are you able to use the browse button on the right of the field to find the SharePoint group there? I assume you are typing the name into the field rather than browse.

From your screenshot, it appears to certainly have accepted your Contribute members.

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Yes, I can use the browser button.  I've gone in and added them several times and they seem to disappear when I go back in using "Configure".  It's really odd.  I have five of these set up in a parallel action to set item permissions based on a value in a field.  As I look at all five of them, some of the "full control" are empty.  Some of the "Contribute" are empty.  I have "configured" these multiple times.  They may be functioning correctly and just not displaying in the dialog box?  Is that possible? Very strange.  Does this sound like a Nintex bug? 

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Okay. This morning, it's behaving and everything is showing up.  Maybe it's a GUI resource issue.  Not sure.

0 Kudos
mapeacock
Nintex Newbie

Patti,

That does sound a bit buggy to me. What browser are you using? You may need to raise a support ticket.

Cheers,

Mark

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Weird, I've never seen that.

0 Kudos