I recently updated Nintex and have experienced this problem with a List lookup. It display the value in the form, but saves the ID to the list, even if you've connected the Text to your column.
I've raised a support call for it. I don't recall it being an issue before.
What version are you running?
Yes, instead of the value being stored in the list column, the ID is.
I haven't yet done a workaround for it, but I imagine using a lookup function will resolve the issue if you're just selecting a single item. Unfortunately, I'm selecting multiple items so the lookup runtime function won't sort this for me. I may have to workflow the solution unfortunately.
I am trying to do the same thing but I am facing issue even though I tried your suggested solution.
Can you please help me with this?
Here is my scenario:
So, I have one list in the different site and the list contains different fields such as PositionTitle, PositionNumber, Branch.
I have different list in the different site and I want to auto-populate PositionTitle and Branch when user enter PositionNumber.
For this I am writing the lookup function like this:
lookup("/sites/Master/Lists|PositionList", "PositionNumber", PositionNumber, "PositionTitle")
I tried your version as well.
lookup("/Master|PositionList", "PositionNumber", PositionNumber, "PositionTitle")
lookup("/Master/Lists|PositionList", "PositionNumber", PositionNumber, "PositionTitle")
When I preview this it say "Loading..." and just disappeared nothing else displayed.
I tired using parseLookup(PositionNumber) but didn't worked.