harfmt
Design Canvas Artiste

Shared hide rule does not roll up panel

Jump to solution

Hi

I have a rule that hides panels. This rule is shared across multiple panels. The first panel that the rule is assigned to in the form does not display and also rolls up - so works correctly. The following panels with this rule applied do not display (correct) but they do not roll up, leaving a white space the size of the panel. What is causing this? Surely rules can be shared.

Thanks

Joanne

6 Replies
christopheraucq
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Shared hide rule does not roll up panel

Jump to solution

Hi Joanne,

Make sure your panel do not overlap,

Reagrds,

Christophe

harfmt
Design Canvas Artiste

Jump to solution

They don't overlap but some, not all, do touch. The panels sitting alone away from other panels also do not roll up when hidden. And I don't have the problem in the app version of the form or when the rules are not shared. Plus if I move them it will affect the look of the form. I think I'll just have to not share the rules, which is a bit annoying as it's a large form and I'm trying to minimise, controls, rules etc.

skratsch
Canvas Initiate

Jump to solution

I've had this same issue. The only way I was able to resolve the issue was to create a separate rule for each panel, so I ended up with six identical rules each associated with only one of the panels. It's not a great workaround as it creates a lot of unnecessary rules and if the rule ever needs to be updated it needs to be done in all six rules, but at least my form worked after I did that.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Joanne Morris

I just wanted to thank you for your post, it has solved an issue for me in respect of hiding white space

How do I get rid of the "white space" created due to hidden panels on a start form?

Your post has gave me a great idea, I used a rule on my panel rather just my individual controls in the panel!  If the "No" Control is selected the Attachment control remains in the same place -

If the "Yes" Control is selected it is moved to the bottom of the form below the "hidden" fields

I am happy I came across your post!

Karen

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Joanne Morris​, did you ever get a solution that you can share?

0 Kudos
harfmt
Design Canvas Artiste

Jump to solution

Hi Frank

I required a desktop form and an associated Mobile form with multiple hide panels. There were a couple of issues with this.

Issue 1:

Not able to share hide rules to hide multiple panels in the DESKTOP form. I had no problem with the App form - one rule for all the panels.

I had to create a separate rule for each panel in the desktop form.

Issue 2:

Not able to share some rules between web and app because of different syntax requirements. So once again doubling up on rules.

e.g.

Desktop form rule Condition requires: equals(ServiceType,"500")

App form rule Condition requires: equals(ServiceType,500)

These are work arounds, as I wasn't able to get any advice on why this occurs nor how best to deal with it

Thanks

Joanne

View solution in original post