Not applicable

Same Fields on different panels in Nintex

Jump to solution

Hi Nintex Guys,

I have couple of  fields repeating on different panels. Actually i have four panels (Based on login users, panels will be visible).

Problem is when i save the data, its not visible in SharePoint All Items view.

2 Lookup column  in each panel .(Totally 8 Lookup)

5 Single Line of text in each panel-Repeating .

I searched in google , I got it's like It can be accomplished by sp services Save or any Nintex Tricks.

I done lot of functionalities in Nintex ,This i cannot able to achieve, so help me to accomplish.

Please..

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Vimal

12 Replies
fhunth
Scout

Re: Same Fields on different panels in Nintex

Jump to solution

Perhaps this is your solution >>>

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Fernando,

Repeating sections are not useful in my scenario, because I am already tried. Any other solutions?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
achilles_aditya

Jump to solution
  1. You can add same columns in multiple panels just make sure that column remains enabled only in one panel(In control settings under the Appearance you can see the dropdown for "Enabled"  )
  2. If the same column remains enabled in multiple panels then there will be confusion while saving the value in backend hence the values are not getting saved.
  3. If you are editing the values in just one panel then u can create calculated value or that column if different panels.

I have just done the similar functionality .Let me know in case you are facing issues

achilles_aditya

Jump to solution
  1. Also if you want to edit or add new value only once then u can create 5 different Single Line of Text columns per view and edit the label text to give same names in all the panels.
  2. Then create one Single Line of Text column i.e. Mastercolumn
  3. Whenever there is any update in the panels update your Mastercolumn by simple workflow
  4. By this way you can have internally difeerent by same at front end columns and your value will be saved at one location
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi aditya ,

I got your point .That's great . I tried as like you said, I got it.

Thanks,

Vimal

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am having the same issue I have multiple columns that I reuse on the forms in different hidden panels. I was able to get around most of them by not connecting the fields to the column but instead to a calculated field; however, this works great for string fields but not for the people picker fields. I have tried using rules to disable them when not in use, but not working for me.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
achilles_aditya

Jump to solution

I have faced the issues with rule when I used same peoplepicker columns in multiple panels and disabled all except one.But I was able connect it to calculated field without any issue.Whats the issue you are facing?Can you share the screenshot?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I have same requirement , in 3 panels 3 fields are repeating , When I am saving , it only saving one panel details. Others are not . I tried your steps by disabling the fields in the panel. But no luck. Please help me

0 Kudos
achilles_aditya

Jump to solution

As far as I understand you want to save the values from multiple panels for the same field. i.e. you have a column "Dept" in all the three panels and you need to save value from all the panels ,by making one panel column editable and disable 2 other will save value from only one column. I guess following solution will work for you:

1. Create 3 columns i.e. "Dept1","Dept2","Dept3" and add it in panel1,panel2,panel3
  2. When the save button is clicked trigger a workflow to update "Dept" with "Dept1","Dept2","Dept3" values
  3. In all the panels add a calculated value displaying "Dept" and write a rule to display calculated value only when it has data and hide hide "Dept1","Dept2","Dept3" columns
0 Kudos