josh_pearson
Canvas Initiate

Query XML pulling unexpected data

Have done this in a repeating section in the past with no issue but I do not have a repeating section in this instance. I am trying to use Query XML in the workflow to grab data entered in the form controls by name.

/FormVariables/<Control Name>

It is returning numbers (possibly the ID) instead of the string data entered.

Please help! Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kunalpatel
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Query XML pulling unexpected data

@josh_pearson .....Just out of curiosity...if you don't have repeating section then why you need to use query XML?

0 Kudos
josh_pearson
Canvas Initiate

I have a multi step form. Panel 1 lets you choose if you want to update the list or create a new Entry.

Panel 2 has the controls connected to the list columns and Panel 3 is for updating records. I don't know how to do this without using Query XML, grab the control names and the use the update item function. I can't connect to the list columns in the update panel. (can't as in if I do it will just create a new item). 

0 Kudos
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

It appears that you are querying the hidden Form Data column for the unbound controls.

Your Xpath looks correct.

If you are not getting back the data you expect try looking at the XML in the column to help identify where the numerical value may be coming from.

Create a column on the list that is Multi Lines of Text configured as Plain Text.

Then create a simple workflow with an update item action configured as per the screen shot to dump out the contents of the column.

FDExtract.png

0 Kudos