Not applicable

Prepopulation of fields based on selection

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a list form with the following fields:

[Company Name, Contact Person, Company Address, Telephone Number, Mobile Number]

I also have a separate customer list storing the above data. I require that based on the company name that is selected in the form, the remaining fields are automatically populated.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Vimal

0 Kudos
13 Replies
mark_viglione
Forms Fledgling

Re: Prepopulation of fields based on selection

Jump to solution

As long as all the above data is in a SharePoint list, you could make calculated value controls that represent Contact Person, Company Address, etc. and in the formula use the lookup() function to populate the calculated value based on the Company Name.  i.e. lookup("<your company data list name>","Company Name",<reference to the Company Column in your form>,"Contact Person") will return the contact person for the company name entered.

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Mark,

I tried with the lookup but it is unsuccessfull. I used the following formula:

lookup ("Customer Database", "Company Name", "Company Name", "Contact Person")

where Customer Database = list storing the customer details

Company Name = field name storing the company name in the Customer Database

Company Name = name of the list lookup on the form

Contact Person =   name of the formula field which will display the contact person

Is it ok?

0 Kudos
mark_viglione
Forms Fledgling

Jump to solution

You need the order to be lookup("Customer Database", "Company Name", <reference to the Company Name named control from your form>, "Contact Person")

Where

Customer Database = list storing the customer details

Company Name = field name storing the company name in the Customer Database

Company Name = named control reference (i.e. underlined and in red)

Contact Person =   name of the formula field which will display the contact person

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Mark,

Do you know if I can achieve exact similar functionality with External content type (ECT)?

My scenario:

- ECT is created and data (Store Name) is displayed in Nintex from 2013

- I would like to fill up other fields (Address, City, Province and Postal Code) based on selected 'StoreName'

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you

Jahangir

http://www.aphelion.ca

0 Kudos
kmcollins
Nintex Observer

Jump to solution

Hi, will this work in O365 or just on prem?

0 Kudos
mark_viglione
Forms Fledgling

Jump to solution

Hi Katherine,

As of right now, O365 doesn't have a lookup runtime function, only on prem.  You can simulate the behavior somewhat with JavaScript and JSOM, check out the thread here for more details.

How to query a SharePoint list from another list in Nintex Forms for O365.

If you need help getting it set up let me know.

0 Kudos
kmcollins
Nintex Observer

Jump to solution

Hi Mark,

I knew you were going to say that. I was hoping against hope that there was something I've missed because I'm not that great at coding. I did try with this solution, but couldn't get it working properly, I'll try again with the longer code and see how I go.

0 Kudos
jacobarn
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I'm trying to do this but when choosing a product code the calculated field always shows up blank. It'll say loading as if it's trying to work but then nothing comes up. Am I doing the formula wrong?

Nintex Forms.PNG

Nintex Forms.PNG

0 Kudos
mark_viglione
Forms Fledgling

Jump to solution

What type of drop down is the InspexProduceCodes control?  Is it a choice field, a list lookup, or something else?

0 Kudos