Not applicable

How to get a multi line text box with additional date/time and text information into an email

In my Nintex form, I have a multi-line text box (Activity Summary) that is set up in SharePoint to accept edits and also records the date & time.

I need to pull all versions of these edits, including the date & time, into my workflow email notification.

Currently, it is only pulling in the last edit and no date/time.

Do you know of any way to pull this information in?

Here is an excerpt from my email – notice the Activity Summary                           Here is what is in the actual list item for Activity Summary

image1.jpgimage2.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Not applicable

Re: How to get a multi line text box with additional date/time and text information into an email

I found a solution thanks to Vadim Tabukman's amazing posts.  I used his Parsing a Repeating Section post and downloaded the UDA and Workflow he provided and tailored it to meet my needs. 

In order to get the date and time, I added the date picker to the repeating section (date only) and then added a single line text box to the repeating section and inserted the reference "current time" - that got me over the default 5 minute increments in the date/time picker.

I replaced the Loop with a For Each because of the 5 minute system pause in the loop (read through the comments at the end of Vadim's post for how to do this).

To format this in my email, I had to use a Regular Expression in my workflow.  Problem was that I couldn't find anything unique to replace.  So back to the form.  After the current time field, I added a single line text box, put a default of "zzz" and hid/disabled it from view.  I added another at the end of the repeating section text box.

Back to the workflow and the Regular Expression, where I replaced zzz with two line returns and wrote this to a variable, which I included in my email notification.

It took a lot of research, but it works beautifully.

0 Kudos
sophie_timu
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: How to get a multi line text box with additional date/time and text information into an email

Hi Mary,

We are pleased you have been able to solve this issue with the help of Vadim Tabukmans posts.

Please mark your question as Answered.

Kind Regards,

Support

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Yes, I can’t find where to set that – could you please provide instructions?

Thanks!

Mary

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hey Mary, there is a "correct answer" button on your response (bottom left hand corner)

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I have never seen that option – sorry

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Strange! When you looked at the discussion thread are you logged into the site, as you have to be logged in to mark as correct. If you're responding to this thread via your email, you may not see the "correct answer" option on the thread.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Yes, I wasn't logged in - that was the problem.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Yay!

0 Kudos