jessica_bianco

How to create a List Notification Email

I am updating my current workflows from SP Designer to Ninetx. I have one workflow with 28 steps.  How do I recreate this in Nintex? I need to develop a workflow that sends an email notification when a new item is created based on specific fields and fields options. Lets say I have 3 fields: Company Name (compA, compB), Product (prodA, prodB) and Type of Issue (Defect, Question).

I have listed the rules below,but how do I build this in Nintex?

1. If Company = compA and Product = prodA and Type of Issue = Defect, send to Abby Smith

2. If Company = compA and Product = prodB and Type of Issue = Defect, send to Bryan Jones

3. If Company = compA and Product = prodA and Type of Issue = Question, send to Betty Thompson

4. If Company = compA and Product = prodB and Type of Issue = Question, sendto Jane Doe

0 Kudos
1 Reply
cherylshah
Scout

Re: How to create a List Notification Email

Hi @jessica_bianco 

I would maybe create a lookup list with a column that concatenates Company, Product and Issue into one long string, and then use Update Item to set Send To = Employee when CompanyProductIssue equals the concatenated column. The Contacts list would look like this: (seems to be a problem with uploading photos here at the moment....it's attached instead) You'd have columns: Company, Product, Issue, Employee, and the calculated column Concatenate (or whatever you want to call it)

In your workflow you'd use a Build String action to create the same concatenation of Company, Product, and Issue, then use Update Item to set Send To to the Employee column of Contacts when BuildString is equal to Concatenate column.

This allows for whoever is the owner of the site to regularly update who the email should go to without having to edit the workflow.

0 Kudos