Not applicable

Enable workflow to start on item menu issue-sharepoint 2010

Hi Team,

Eventhough "Enable workflow to start from item menu" is checked, in work flow settings , start workflow option is not available on selection of an item in document library. Can  you please help with this issue?

-Pratap

0 Kudos
7 Replies
jesse_mchargue
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Enable workflow to start on item menu issue-sharepoint 2010

Hello sivapratap kurapati‌ - 

In the workflow settings, did you specify an image URL? Wondering if it is there, just no icon?

I have tried this in a document library and I am able to see the workflow in the item menu.

With image:

Without image:

Not applicable

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for the reply.

In our case, it is not problem with Image Icon, entire start with item menu along with image is not available. This was working earlier, but now I am not sure why this suddenly disappeared. FYI, the last work flow published year was 2014.

There were no changes done from platform end as well in the recent times. The version details of nintex are Nintex 2010, Product Version 2.4.2.0 

Regards,

Pratap

fccrous
Scout

Hi Pratap,

Can you send us screenshots of your start condition screen on the Workflow settings page?

Kind Regards,

Not applicable

Hi Francois,

Let say the name of the workflow is TestApproval. In my workflow settings, the option "Enable workfloe in the start menu" is checked and has been published long before. But we are experiencing this strange behavior from a week ago, that i am unable to start my workflow from start menu as the workflow name has disappeared. PFB screenshot.

From the above screenshot, you can see that name of the workflow itself is missing. Can you analyze this strange bahavior?

Regards,

Pratap

jackgelo
Contributor

Hi Pratap,

what's inside the Actions menu? was it there also when the link to start the workflow was available? 

I ask you that because it's at the same position of default link to workflow, so if you haven't changed settings for positioning the link (the settings you have for that specific workflow) I would check on that item that may have overridden the link made by Nintex.

Giacomo

Not applicable

Hi Gelosi,

Thanks for the reply.

Action menu contains options Cut and Copy. It was there before as well along with link to start the workflow. Please find the below screenshot:

It appears to be pretty strange, What exactly caused for the disappearance of link to start the workflow.

Regards,

Pratap 

burkslm
Novice

What about exporting the workflow and importing it to see if it appears then? Rename it.

0 Kudos