satya_divi
Novice

Re: Difference between Workflow Start Form and List Nintex form

Jump to solution

Sorry, for the delay in replying, our IT team did not approve the original form to be posted, so created a dummy or a lookalike form of the original.  Below are the screen shots.

1. Screen shot of the Form which has 6 Variables out of which the Ledger EntryNo is the Unique ID

Screenshot of the Form

2. Sample Screenshot of the workflow

Workflow Screenshot

3.  The sample list which is created for this the form purpose and which has to store the form Variables.  The Variables should be added as a new entry to the list instead of updating it.  As we will be adding new records using this form.

Screenshot of Sample Sharepoint List

The sharepoint list also should verify that the Ledger EntryNo is unique, so that we avoid duplication of records.  Is that possible, please help and thanks for extending the help.

0 Kudos
cassymfreeman

Jump to solution

I would say before your update you query your list where Ledger EntryNo = start variable and store the ID field.

use set a condition to see if the ID is empty - if it is, the item does not exist, so create item.  If it is not empty, item does exist, so update item (using where Ledger EntryNo = start variable)

satya_divi
Novice

Jump to solution

This worked like a charm, thanks for the reply Cassy.

0 Kudos
satya_divi
Novice

Jump to solution

Your answer worked for me, below is the screenshot of the updated workflow as suggested by you.  But had another question over this, is there a possibility that when we enter Ledger EntryNo, the system checks the list in realtime and if its a duplicate, it informs the user with "Message Box" stating that its a duplicate.

If the Ledger EntryNo is unique, it states  that its a unique record in a Message box.  Is this possible, if Yes let me know the method to use in Nintex forms.

Updated Workflow

0 Kudos