N-I-1990
Design Dabbler

Copy Item Function

Jump to solution

I added a new button in my nintex form for copying the item into the same list

The button is (save) button, once clicked, a control "copy" value will be changed and based on that the workflow which works on modify, will copy the item.

How can I make this button work in the view mode as I noticed that the user has to go to edit mode fitst then click on the button.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tarf
Design Canvas Artiste

Re: Copy Item Function

Jump to solution

Hi @N-I-1990,

you can´t update the item from the view form. I´d suggest adding a button which opens the workflow start form of the copy workflow. This works from edit and view mode. 

0 Kudos
N-I-1990
Design Dabbler

Jump to solution

thanks for the reply, do you have any example.

0 Kudos
Tarf
Design Canvas Artiste

Jump to solution

Hi @N-I-1990,

1. go to your copy workflow and add a start form. 
  2. open the start form once, the URL should look like this:
    _layouts/15/NintexForms/InitiateWorkflow.aspx?List={b723b334-56be-48a4-a510-a79afbae158b}&ID=1&ItemGuid={22BE5C1B-5C5B-4CE7-AD76-45F14463BCA4}&TemplateID={e57be936-b854-4e3f-93d3-88dda9669755}
    1. Please note the "ID=1" part. You can change this to start the workflow on any item, if you know the id.
  3. On your item form, add a button which opens above URL.
    Change the ID=1 to ID={ItemProperty:ID} to open the copy form for the item you are opening.
  4. The user now needs to click twice to copy, but can do so in view mode. The conditional start in the copy workflow is not necessary anymore. I am always selling the clicking twice to the users as a "confirmation" to copy the item :cathappy:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos