Not applicable

Re: Combine Emails/Messaging in to 1 Notification

Jump to solution

Hi Andrew,

I succeeded to filter all new tasks and see these on email body. But not been able to get the link beside the item.  How can I include the page link ? which insert reference should I use for this ?

I am using  build string action to make a table and inside the table i am inserting the values to show on the email body.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Andrew,

My plan is to send email to a specific person. so that he /she can approve the task.

I hope you understand what exectly I am planning to configure.

Thank you again. I found you post helpful.

0 Kudos
andrewg
Scout

Jump to solution

Do you mean you have the ID of each task and that is in the email body? If you have the ID of any item you can assume the link by http://site/lists/workflow tasks/dispform.aspx?ID=23

If you need all of the tasks links in one email body, then it could be possible by one amazing build string. But may not be possible to put in a table with a task name on the left column and link in left column.

To simplify the email you can send one link in the email that could be a link to a page with a filtered webpart, or a direct link that is filtered as Alexey Krasheninnikov‌ shows. By doing so, you will then have a link to each item for that user on one page, and when you click on the task, and complete it, the page navigation will take you back to the page you came from (because of the source parameter in the query string). Something you will not have when going to each task from multiple links in an email.

0 Kudos
espradli
Scout

Jump to solution

so I am confused on how to configure the looping?

I don't have tasks. I just want to send a annual email to the "approvers" with a link to their "my view" that has items they need to review.

I query the list for active items, I do a collection operation to delete duplicates. I want the managers to just get 1 email for all items assigned to them in the list.

how do I configure the loop to send the 1 annual email with a link to the "my active items" view.

0 Kudos
andrewg
Scout

Jump to solution

Everything looks great in your snapshot. Make sure the query is only returning the person field "Approvers" for the list items. And with your collection of people you removed duplicates, then did a for each loop on the collection of people (approvers). Now assign the current item variable of the For Each action as the Mail To person.

With this Site Workflow scheduled to run once a year, this will be your annual email workflow.

0 Kudos
v_kittilson
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi Andrew,

I'm trying to figure out how to Filter by the person who is the current value in the loop you mention in step 4 above.

"Query the workflow task list again, filtered by status and also by the person who is the current value in the loop"

Thanks,

Vickie

0 Kudos
andrewg
Scout

Jump to solution

Sure, When using a For Each loop, a variable should be set that is the "Current Item" in the collection through the loop. Use that variable in the Query action to get just that person's tasks and only the ones not completed, or canceled. (or tasks Not Started or In Progress, I find using the positive filter helps). I'll edit my post to say For Each loop, good catch on that. Without using For Each, you wont see the Current Item value

0 Kudos
voicer
Scout

Jump to solution

Workflow requiring one approval emailHi

I have a similar issue and can't work out from the above solutions what to do.  I have a number of tasks that need approval based on whether the item is new and is an exception.  The issue is that an approval email is sent for each event in the following:

0 Kudos
andrewg
Scout

Jump to solution

Hey Renee, what would be the desired outcome? Also, I don't see a loop or anything that would create multiple tasks from just this view. Maybe if you could explain how that occurs. 

0 Kudos