rutica
Forms Fledgling

Check if a Nintex form was updated

I am using Nintex Forms 2013.

In my form I have a date field called DateLastUpdated.  If a user opens the form and makes any changes to any fields on the form, when they click Save I would like a validation rule to give a message if DateLastUpdated is not today's date. Example: "Since you have made a change to the form, please ensure Date Last Updated is today's date"

If the user opens the form in edit mode but makes no changes, then the validation rule should not trigger.

I can't find a way to check if a form has changes made to it. Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Check if a Nintex form was updated

Hi,

Doesnt SharePoint already do this by recording the modified date?
0 Kudos
rutica
Forms Fledgling

I didn't want to use Modified Date since there is a workflow I must run behind the scenes monthly and that will automatically update the Modified Date. But then I lose when the users have updated the form.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Tarf
Design Canvas Artiste

Hi @rutica 

Isn´t your monthly workflow executed by a specific user?
Because then you could decide whether to update the  DateLastUpdated field via workflow when the item has been modified.
First action: run-if (not edited by specific user which executes the monthly workflow) -> update DateLastUpdated to current date.

0 Kudos
rutica
Forms Fledgling

Hi Tarf,

Thanks for writing.

The monthly workflow can be run by two users and those two users also have forms that they update in the list. There isn't a dedicated workflow executor unfortunately.

0 Kudos