Not applicable

Can you use picture content controls with read document and update document actions?

Good morning Nintex community!

Daniel González has the following question around Using the Read Document and Update Document Actions

Hi,

Would It be possible to use this functionality with a Picture Content Control? The objective would be to dynamically set the source of the control.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Thanks all!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Can you use picture content controls with read document and update document actions?

Is there any solution? I have exactly the same problem. Need to dynamically insert signature images into word template.

0 Kudos
fccrous
Workflow Veteran

Re: Can you use picture content controls with read document and update document actions?

Hi Lei Fu,

We have the same request.  The closest we got to this yet was to start playing with the XML of the word document and tagging content controls.

I do think it will be possible but we have not yet managed to get it working.  Maybe @Vadim can create another clever little UDA for us to point a picture control to a new target or someone like @CarolineJung that really understands XML can assist with this.

The problem we currently experiencing is that we can't move the picture into the document. If you change the .docx document's extention to .zip (not actually zip it just rename the extention) then you see the structures in the background and the image for the picture control is moved into one of the folders but renamed to the Image1, Image2, Image3 etc.  So you need to read the document, get the image you are supposed to work with and replace with the new image. Simple...right?   Maybe there is an easier way but this is where we are stuck.

I'll let you know if we are able to move forward from here.

Not applicable

Hi Francois,

I tried your suggestion and changed extention from .docx to .zip. I noticed my image files under media folder.

Thanks and hope we will have some solutions.

0 Kudos