Not applicable

Can I show a UI in the Custom Action/Custom Activity?

Can I show a UI in the Custom Action/Custom Activity using the Execute method implementation?(I am not talking about the Configuration Pages - that is clear. Asking about presenting a UI with TextBoxes, DropDown List, CheckBoxes, Radio buttons etc. for inputs and a couple of buttons for different actions at runtime when the custom action gets executed.

How would I do it? Using Nintex Form? Confused about what is the best approach. Is it better to create a Custom Task and not a Custom Action?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
fhunth
Workflow Veteran

Re: Can I show a UI in the Custom Action/Custom Activity?

Clearly you have to do it on a Nintex Form and not a Custom Action.

For every custom UI you can create it on part of your Nintex Form or customize a Task Form with Nintex Forms

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: Can I show a UI in the Custom Action/Custom Activity?

Thanks for the response. Here is what is required: I want to be able to package the functionality I develop and make it available like what is described as Custom Actions. It should be an item in the Custom Actions category. It should allow drag-drop to the Designer surface like all the OOTB Actions. It should have configuration pages like the OOTB actions. It should still show a UI when it is executed. So I have to start it as Custom Action, and find a way to show the UI at runtime when that Custom Action executes as part of the workflow.

0 Kudos