I am trying to add a button on a form (Requests). The button, (called "Add Employees"), will open up a new form for another list (RequestEmployees) and link it to the ID of the Request item. I'd like the original Request form to remain open. I saw this posting to add java code to a button, but was not able to make it work. (Same question posted under that posting, but I have not received a reply). Can anyone help. Here is a summary.
1. Open New form (Requests) - to add a new Request
2. Click on Button - "Add Employees" - to add Employees to the request
The "Add Employees" Button will save Request (to create ID) and open 2nd new form to add employees (RequestEmployees), which is tied to original request by ID.
Does this make sense?
Paul Crawford I know you did this. Susie Shaffer I believe Paul made the second form open in modal dialog window and when the new item was saved it was returned to the main form. Basically updating a lookup list on the fly from the original form. I thought he had done a blog post on it already but it would appear not. Let's see if he comes back on this.
1. Add a label to the form
2. Open the label and click on the "Edit Source" button.
3. Paste this into the blank box <a href="URL You want" target="_blank">Text You Want Displayed</a>
4. Then just change the fill in color of the label to make it look like a button.