xfa
Nintex Newbie

Ask for credential on task validation

Hello,

i have a validation workflow and we want to ask the user credential when he wants to approve the task even if he is already connected with the same account.

The reason is that we need this action from the user to insure that it is him when he validates the task.

Thx a lot !

Xavier.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Michel
Nintex Newbie

Re: Ask for credential on task validation

I am not sure if this is possible, you will definitely need customizations to do so. You might be able to use JavaScript to start the login/validation when the 'Approve' button is clicked, but that's just a guess from my end.

0 Kudos
xfa
Nintex Newbie

Actually we have an idea but it seems to be complicated to implement. The idea would be to ask the user password in the form (crypted) and then ask an Authentication.asmx web service (using a web request) that requires the user password. We get the service answer (good or not) if it's ok the task is validated. 

If there is no possibility with Nintex Forms / Workflow we may have to develop a specific componant where user will see their tasks and being asked for credential before validation.

Thx for your help !

0 Kudos
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Yes you are right. There is nothing out of the box in Nintex to acheive what you require. This is because users have to be authenticated to be able to access the task let alone approve it.
0 Kudos