cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Workflow not triggering after list item update

I have two Nintex workflow in separate SharePoint list (workflow1 in List1 and workflow2 in list2). workflow1 will update a column from ‘No’ to ‘Yes’ in list2, in this case wokflow2 should trigger because ‘Start when items are modified’ is enabled in workflow2. However it not happening.

If i change the column manually or through any Javascript it triggering the second workflow successfully, only when i made the changes through the other workflow it not working. Help me to solve this is urgent requirement

6 Replies
fhunth
Nintex Newbie

Re: Workflow not triggering after list item update

There are some old posts about this >>> Creating an item programatically won't start a Nintex Workflow

Not applicable

Hi,

Maybe try the "Update changes" action. Nintex recommends adding this action after all actions which are added in Timer service queue.

Set item, create item, update item.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Are you using a System Account inside the workflow?   The Systems Account won't auto trigger a workflow on item update unless some commands are run.  Try running it as a different user.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Sorry for the late note!!

Donatas Krušna I tried with different user account and 'update item' but it not working.

Also I have checked the support team and they said it known thing. Now I'm using 'Start Workflow' action to trigger the child workflow.

0 Kudos
dottie
Nintex Newbie

Will using the action "Wait for field to change in Current Item" work?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

‌ have you found a solution for your issue? Did any from the answers above helped you?

Regards,

Tomasz

0 Kudos