cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomaszPoszytek
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Where are Inline Functions on nintex 365 ?

Jump to solution

I don't know what is your particular usage of PadLeft function, but you can always create a loop, that loops {n} times and within each run it just concatenates your string with a character. So you need to create your own PadLeft function

rhia
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Hmm, I am intrigued, sir. My need is basically that I want to have a string with a section that is always 3 characters long, and leads with 0s if the number granted is not 3 digits long. Ie, # is 3 .. it's 003. Number is 33.. it's 033. Number is 333, it's just 333. Determining leading 0's and the amount needed.

TomaszPoszytek
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Your case seems to be very easy though... You know that your string is ALWAYS 3 chars long, and when is shorter should be leaded with 0's to reach 3 chars. So you can assume, that the shortest string you can receive has 1 char, the longest 3. I would then concatenate your string with "00", so you can get, assuming your # is 3:

As you need only last 3 characters, you then need to use action: "Extract Substring from End of String" - configure it to return 3 chars from your concatenated string and.. basically your home

Regards,

Tomasz

rhia
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

So I am just coming back to this now and ... while I agree with you ... this seems a lot more work than just being able to PadLeft :(

Also - is there a way to count # of characters in a string? (Not for this problem but for others.)

0 Kudos
TomaszPoszytek
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Maybe I'm missing something, but still it looks to me like a working solution. And for counting... I did it this way: I have two numeric variables: Index and Length. I have a text variable: Character. I do loop while true. In each run of loop I'm extracting a 1 character long string from the one which length I want to know, starting from Index. If the character is not empty, Im incrementing Index and Length with 1. In other case loops ends. That way the length is counted...

Regards,

Tomasz

0 Kudos
russell
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I was also going mad without the PadLeft inline function... Until I realised you can achieve the same result in 2 simple actions

This will give you

1 -> 00001

22 -> 00022

333 --> 00333

Hope it helps!

Cheers

Russ

View solution in original post

ventura508
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Can we see this on the product roadmap soon?

0 Kudos
omourad
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Any progress on this?

0 Kudos
patrickabel
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Same question – any progress on this?

The absence of inline functions coupled with action limitations (count) is quite prohibitive. 

amchargue
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

?