cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

How to save Nintex form data in a word file?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is it possible to save a Nintex Form data in word file and put in a document library? Need some help please!

Thank you!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: How to save Nintex form data in a word file?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I think that you can create a document library and enable on it a new content type that has the columns you want to copy from the form (I don't think this will work with data inside repeating sections or managed metadata or external data..).

You should also customize the template for the new content type by inserting the columns as quick parts.

After that setting, you could do a workflow on the list where you have designed your Nintex form that, after the submit of the form, will create a document in the document library and set the fields' values as the current form's ones.

Giacomo

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi!

Thank you I will try your solution. By the way if you attach a document to your Nintex form can you save it in a SharePoint column so the user can directly click on the attached file? And laiter fetch that column and store the attached files in a word document in the document library. So in the word file you will also see the attached file beside the data from Nintex form.

Br

Ashik

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

No,

It's not possible to embed a document with quick parts..you can only save them as attachments to the form but not to the document

Giacomo

Il 16/ott/2015 18:40 ashik <community@nintex.com> ha scritto:

Nintex Community <http://jiveon.jivesoftware.com/mpss/c/8AA/PDcDAA/t.1rb/LotGioMfQ8WWxbAW4fiSyw/h0/eqhG5v9o4WV1pCmWaB03celZTDxobHI10QQdv5KRmIjyPH1eo8PrAaf9I2DtSMVdoJkxbsweBOrXcvqL85J4eQ-3D-3D>

How to save Nintex form data in a word file?

reply from Ashik Chowdhury<http://jiveon.jivesoftware.com/mpss/c/8AA/PDcDAA/t.1rb/LotGioMfQ8WWxbAW4fiSyw/h1/eqhG5v9o4WV1pCmWaB03ccnhzYut-2BjSFSmtRDCO8Bxh1D9xA-2FLIe-2BVvsqNCNSSp0nSNmBopj3hCzi4aWoNu5U98SGoAXIeseCsAo6VLHKjs-3D> in Nintex For Office 365 - View the full discussion<http://jiveon.jivesoftware.com/mpss/c/8AA/PDcDAA/t.1rb/LotGioMfQ8WWxbAW4fiSyw/h2/eqhG5v9o4WV1pCmWaB03cbJJEyv3UT4LYQSqezUQ6X4bT5QK1d-2B1c-2BqJbpT5GQGzHMysOpSpng7oxQOyxh6I2KRJNtwa7SMg-2BbarJ-2BhrAZ8-3D>

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Alright, thank you for your quick answer. What kind of workflow controls should I use? When the user saves the Nintex form the process should be like it saves a word file in a document library and the word file contains data from Nintex form. I know that I have to modify the template. And to be clear I am using Nintex O365.

Br

Ashik

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi, Ashik Chowdhury​! Let us know how Giacomo Gelosi​'s suggestion worked out. Thanks!

0 Kudos