cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Re: Changing Site URL and Title via Nintex Workflow

Jump to solution

not a problem – thanks for the info! I would definitely classify this one as a bug. :-P

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I'm glad I could saved you some time

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Patrick,

The list of defects addressed in each release is listed on the release notes for each product. The links to the release notes is from the product install / download page.

Cheers Jon

Jon Hardy | Nintex® Workflow for Everyone® | Senior Product Manager | Jon.Hardy@nintex.com<mailto:Jon.Hardy@nintex.com> | T: +61 3 9972 2554 | M: +61 437 942 425

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

The real issue I found is when having curly brackets in a variable mixed in with other references as those also include curly brackets.  Somehow, the Nintex Workflow confuses the two and can't parse them.

A slightly simpler solution is to use tokens instead of the curly brackets and then use the Replace Substring in String action to substitute the curly brackets in place of the tokens.  So in my solution, I would use lcurl for left curly brackets and rcurl for right curly brackets.  The actions would be as follows:

1. Set Workflow Variable:  Save the following text into a variable (e.g. body)  lcurl '__metadata': lcurl 'type': 'SP.Web' rcurl, 'Title': '‍{Current Item:Title}‍','ServerRelativeUrl':'‍{Current ItemSmiley Frustratederver Relative URL}‍' rcurl
  2. Replace Substring in String: Replace lcurl with {  in variable body
  3. Replace Substring in String: Replace rcurl with } in variable body

Then, you can use the body variable when needing to use the JSON string.

Regards,
-Haniel

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I am trying to update site title using REST API.

I am getting bad request error or Forbidden error when i try to test the connection in web request action.
Same REST API url is giving me a result if i try through browser. Also I am able to access ASMX service through web request action for same account.

So, Just wanted to know is there any setting required to use REST service in web request action ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

In order for me to get this working, i only had to do a "Build string" action and store the result in a multiline variable ML_body

and after that, i could use ML_body in my web request action, but my headers are a bit different:

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

The account that you use to perform the request has to have the permission to change the site title.

Another reason that could cause the forbidden error is that the header "X-RequestDigest" hasn't been initialised in the web request or it's value is not correct.

0 Kudos