Not applicable

Nintex O365 App - How do i update the related list item based on the input from the approver in the workflow task?

Using Nintex O365 App - I have created a custom list with a workflow. When a user creates a list item, it kicks off the Workflow to create/assign a task to an approver of the user's submission.

When the approver goes to the task to approve/reject it, I need them to provide comments regarding their approval/rejection and then when they click the approve/reject button, it should update the corresponding "Comments" field in the related list item.

What is the best way / steps to do this with Nintex O365 workflow?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Nintex O365 App - How do i update the related list item based on the input from the approver in the workflow task?

Hi Alan,

Same requirement for me..In Nintex O365 Nintex Workflow such a feature is not available "Approver Comments"..But Don't Worry we have another workaround...In workflow task creation list we have a description box while Approver approve/reject the task before that he enter the comments in Description Box means we are able to get the comments from description box..

Please follow these Steps

Step 1 : create One "String" Variable.

Step 2 : After "Assign a Task" Action drag and set the "Set Workflow Variable" Action in canvas

Step 3 : RGTClick "Set Variable Value" select Config

Step 4 : Select the newly created variable

Step 5 : Then click "Advanced LookUp"

Step 6 : Change "Workflow Variables" to "List Lookup" then change the source to "workflow task" list item

Step 7 : Then Change the field column to Description

Step 8 : Then Change when column to "Instance ID"

Step 9 : Then Change Equals column to Workflow context in first drop-down,select InstanceID in second                                  dropdown..then click insert and save..

Step 10 : Now your approver comments are set in that variable..use "updateitem" action save the comments the               related list item..

Untitled1.png

I think this workaround some what help you

Happy Coding

Not applicable

Re: Nintex O365 App - How do i update the related list item based on the input from the approver in the workflow task?

Hi Kumar,

I've done the step that you told. it seems work good in only 1 task assign. How to save a comment approval in sharepoint field (current item) in more than 1 task assign. because the second task's comment is not save in a sharepoint field.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Not applicable

HI Farikhah,

In O365 Nnitex workflow app FlexiTask(Multi Approver) Action is not available..so you should use  only "Assign a Task" Action..More over  the second task is create new work item in workflow task list..so you are able to catch the second approver comments tooo...Actually i tried that too..it's working as i expected...

0 Kudos
Not applicable

HI Farikhah,

If you want save the Approver comment in workflow task item itself means you need to add the Comments column in existing content Type(Item)..

In workflow task list select list settings->select "Workflow Task (SharePoint 2013) content type" in the list of columns select the source "Item" As part of "Taskname"..then select "add from existing sitecolumn"

in that page you have list of site column on that select comments column and add it in the source "ITEM" content type

Untitled2.png

Note :

It may raise error that no problem..just press back button that column will added in your content type..then select that column change the optional to required..

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Kumar,

thanks for your response...

i dont mean a multi approval, i mean i have more than 1 assign task. i just do the same step with yours in set workflow variable and set field. the first task is to get "manager name" and the second task is to get "comment from manager".

In the first task is working, the "manager name" save in the manager name field. but the second task is not working.

i've already create a manager name column and comment column in content type.

am  i missing your step?

below are the screenshots:

taskworkflow3.jpg

taskworkflow4.jpg

taskworkflow.jpg

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Farikhah,

Is this your Task Dynamically You want to get the manager name and assign the task to that manager..while approving you want to capture the Approver comments..Please correct if am wrong..

The above is your Task Means workflow design is wrong

Step1 : Through "Assign a task" Action  you not get the approver name..Bcoz the task is waiting for that Approver           "Task Approval"..Moreover You don't have 2 assign a task action

Get the Manger name in the following manner and then assign the task..

I have a one workaround it may be helpful for you...save the managers in one list like below

Mg.png

Then in O365 nintex workflow there is a option "Advanced lookup" using that based on the approver level we set the manager...

Step 1 : click "Advanced LookUp"

Step 2 : Change "Workflow Variables" to "List Lookup" then change the source to "Managers" list item

Step 3 : Then Change the field column to ManagerName

Step 4 : Then Change when column to "ApproverLevel"

Step 5 : Then  Value column to "ApproverLevel value(Level 1 OR 2  OR 3)"

Mg2.png

Note:

In O365 Nnitex Workflow App have such limitation..They planned to release the full features like on premises in upcoming versionssss

Still you facing the problem means i draw the design and update you...

0 Kudos
Not applicable

In Assign A task Action  capture the task item id

Then use Guid id Instead of Workflow instance in Adavnced Look up option

Note:

Previous concern why is not working means workflow instance is same for all task it not unique…that the problemmm

Not applicable

Hi Kumar,

Thank you for helping me out. that's correct, the workflow instance id should be unique.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Farikhah,

Make it as answer correct it may be useful for another

0 Kudos