Skip to main content
Solved

Retrieve Lists button doesn't retrieve recently added document library

• 13 July 2022
  • 2 replies

I'm using the SharePoint Online "Create a Folder" action in NWC. In developing my workflow I switched over to the SharePoint site in question and created a document library with a unique name. Then tabbed back over to my workflow and placed the "Create a Folder" workflow action on the designer.

I selected my connection, entered the URL to my SharePoint site, and clicked the "Retrieve Lists" button.

The document library I just added is not listed.

I find NWC very frustrating sometimes as it appears everything gets cached in someway. I have the same issue when I go to create a new column on a list and then try to find that newly added  column in the workflow. It also is missing most of the time and I have to fiddle with the workflow somehow to get it to see the new site column.

MY QUESTION IS THIS:

When I add new lists, libraries, or columns to an existing list or library in SharePoint, how do I get NWC to immediately see these newly added items when I'm designing my workflow?

Hi @JeffreyO 

YOUR QUESTION IS THIS:

When I add new lists, libraries, or columns to an existing list or library in SharePoint, how do I get NWC to immediately see these newly added items when I'm designing my workflow?

ANSWER:

Pls save your workflow first!!

(Hit Refresh) Press Ctrl+Shift+R - The new List should be available. 

If it didn't work - add a comment to this thread. 

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-Workflow-Cloud-Forum/New-list-columns-missing-from-workflow-start-event-options-How/m-p/219789#M2736 

Thanks. That worked. But that is a completely non-intuitive solution. Good UI design would dictate that if a user clicked on the "Retrieve Lists" button, that NWC is actually going out (in real time) and retrieving the current list of lists!

Clearly, it's not doing that. Who knows what it's doing? Perhaps just referencing a cached catalog of the lists and libraries the last time the web page was refreshed.