cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Posts

Save and Continue with Validation

I saw a number of posts on this topic with no real clear solution. I would like to present my solution here. It is based on the work of a number of people on this forum.But first I would like to state...

In Community Blogs
  • Posted by stempb
  • | February 01, 2019 13:13
  • Views 1104
  • Replies 2

Detect if form has changed or "is dirty"?

Is there anyway to detect if a Nintex form has changed? This is sometimes called an IsDirty function.

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by stempb
  • | February 01, 2019 08:30
  • Views 796
  • Replies 2

How to see when task will be escalated?

How can I tell when a particular task one flexitask task will be escalated? Yeah I know I can look at the workflow setting but what about when the escalation time is dynamic? And how do I know it was ...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by stempb
  • | November 14, 2018 11:26
  • Views 304
  • Replies 0

Where is "Not Connected" data stored?

We have a few applications developed by contractors where the data is not connected to a list column. Where is this data stored? Is there any way to get tot this data, if we needed to get to this data...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by stempb
  • | October 31, 2018 06:38
  • Views 514
  • Replies 1

Does this article make any sense?

Came across this on search.https://support.nintex.com/SharePoint/Forms/Adding_JavaScript_Alert_to_Save_ButtonThe article makes no sense to me whatsoever. RegisterAfterReady is an event that gets execu...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by stempb
  • | October 17, 2018 06:15
  • Views 275
  • Replies 0

Execute JavaScript on Save only when form is valid

I have a task form where I want to execute some JavaScript only when the form is valid. I know how to execute JavaScript when the Save button is pressed but how do I check if the form is valid? I have...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by stempb
  • | October 17, 2018 05:57
  • Views 1783
  • Replies 2

Creating item as another person in a workflow?

I have a flexitask in a workflow. After the user answers the task, I want an item to be created in the name of the person that answered the task and not in the name of me, the workflow creator or in t...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by stempb
  • | October 16, 2018 11:07
  • Views 960
  • Replies 4

Get query string parameter in a workflow with regular expression?

I am regular expression handicapped. Can anyone help with a regular expression to get the value of a query string parameter?ExampleSay I have the URLhttps://mysite/myserver.com?ID=230&User=123. Ho...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by stempb
  • | August 28, 2018 12:23
  • Views 1260
  • Replies 3

How do I get the text from a choice field on a task?

Choice fields on a task seem to want to return an alias code instead of the actual text entered/ This can make a workflow really hard to follow. Is there anyway to convert the alias code to the text t...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by stempb
  • | July 25, 2018 13:21
  • Views 779
  • Replies 2

Adding attachment control to a Flexi Task form?

I have seen a number of posts on the Nintex forum referencing attachments on a Flexi Task. I can see how to add attachments to a Request Data Task but not a Flexi Task.Has anyone successfully added an...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by stempb
  • | July 25, 2018 08:17
  • Views 393
  • Replies 1

Setting a repeating section on a form from a workflow?

I have a repeating section on my form. It is tied to a multi line plain text field on my list called Accounts.I have a workflow with a task form. The task form also has a repeating section that is tie...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by stempb
  • | June 22, 2018 07:21
  • Views 605
  • Replies 2

Run as workflow owner does not show when action is nested within another action

The Run as Workflow owner feature does not show when that action is nested within another action. I have always been able to resolve this by setting the feature on the "parent" action or making an Act...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by stempb
  • | April 16, 2018 10:53
  • Views 256
  • Replies 0

Listview control on list with folders?

I have a listview control on my form. The list being viewed has folders. Anything that is in a folder is not showing in the control. How can I get the items to show in the control that are in folders?...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by stempb
  • | March 12, 2018 11:23
  • Views 906
  • Replies 4

Do not display tasks in task list if user is not in a group assined to that task?

I can easily create a view of tasks assigned to [Me]. What I would like to do is to be able to filter the view so that the users only sees the tasks where they are in the assigned group for that task....

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by stempb
  • | November 08, 2017 10:13
  • Views 421
  • Replies 1

Set Item Permissions, Inherit permissions from parent not perfoming as expected

On my default list the Owner group has edit access to the items. In that list. Everyone else has read access.The "Owner" runs a workflow which grants the user edit access to an individual (let's call ...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by stempb
  • | August 09, 2017 08:18
  • Views 563
  • Replies 1

Can't delete variable because of Initiate Workflow Action

I am trying to delete a variable in a workflow because it is not longer needed. Workflow designer won't let me delete the variable because it says the variable is in use by a Initiate Workflow action....

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by stempb
  • | August 08, 2017 07:53
  • Views 981
  • Replies 4

Variable outcome selections in FlexiTask?

I have a situation where in one case I want one of my FlexiTask outcomes to say "Submit for Review". but sometimes I want the same Outcome to read Approve. Was anyone figured a way to have variable ou...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by stempb
  • | August 07, 2017 06:47
  • Views 726
  • Replies 5

Replace everything before \ or just get login id?

Userprofile function on a form returns something like DOMAIN\LoginID123I would to get just the login id part put nothing seems to be working for me.I tried:replace(userProfileLookup(ctrlRequestor,"Acc...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by stempb
  • | July 11, 2017 13:22
  • Views 1215
  • Replies 5

Validating (multiple) Choice Field with Allow Fill in Choices option?

I am trying to require a Choice field with multiple choices. I have the formula:isNullOrEmpty({Self}The error message is:Please select at least one Denial Reason.This works great. If the user does not...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by stempb
  • | June 16, 2017 13:49
  • Views 582
  • Replies 1

Run list workflow from form button?

I have a manual start list workflow. I have added it as a menu item and can start it from the view menu.What I would like to be able to do is to start the workflow from a button on the form. I noticed...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by stempb
  • | June 09, 2017 11:51
  • Views 681
  • Replies 1