cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest Posts

Which workflow actions require the item to be checked in?

Currently getting errors when running a list approval workflow in a library that requires checkin/out. The workflow will fail with the following error: "The workflow could not check out the list item....

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by kjhawkins
  • | November 07, 2018 13:38
  • Views 579
  • Replies 1

Redirect to previous view on Save & Close

Using 2016 Nintex forms and Workflow with on-prem 2016 SharePoint.We have a Nintex Form that is saved to a content type. We have a save button which is set to save and close. When it does this it retu...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Views 1294
  • Replies 1

Workflow doesn't start with library enabled check out/in

We have a site collection reusable workflow that works as expected if check in/out is NOT enabled on the document library. Unfortunately we need to enable check in/out on this library.Now when we try ...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Views 505
  • Replies 0

Site collection workflow fails to accept design changes

Working with Nintex WF and Forms 2016 on-premMy main site collection workflow randomly stops accepting design updates to the workflow.Example: I can add Log History actions to the workflow. When runni...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Views 482
  • Replies 0

How to clear a multiline textbox using workflow?

We have a parent workflow that spawns several child workflows in our approval and release document process. The users want to be able to view the workflow progress from the profile form. Easy enough t...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by kjhawkins
  • | February 19, 2018 11:04
  • Views 2064
  • Replies 11

Start options for Site Collection Reusable Workflow Template?

I've created a site collection reusable workflow template for use in a document library approval process.However, when I try to get to run conditionally from the Workflow Start options, it doesn't run...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by kjhawkins
  • | December 18, 2017 10:55
  • Views 1550
  • Replies 3

Error retrieving workflow data. Invalid workflow instance Id.

We are running Nintex WF 2016 on-prem.I have a workflow that calls a sub-workflow. The main workflow run fine, it calls the sub-workflow and executes several actions. However it errors just before a "...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by kjhawkins
  • | December 06, 2017 06:12
  • Views 1160
  • Replies 2

How to copy a Managed Metadata value to a single line text field?

Using on-prem SP & Nintex 2016.I need to copy the value in a managed, metadata field called Route. The javascript client ID is vRouteMMD. The target field is called RouteCopy with a javascript cli...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by kjhawkins
  • | November 20, 2017 12:39
  • Views 1968
  • Replies 3

How is the delegate notified when a task is escalated?

When a flexi taskuses the "Delegate task" type of escalation, how is the delegate notified that they now have a task assigned to them?I see where the original assignee gets a notification via the "Not...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by kjhawkins
  • | November 08, 2017 11:50
  • Views 1104
  • Replies 2

Workflow size restraint?

Back in the SP 2010 days I was told a best practice was to keep workflow size under 500Kb. Performance/reliability would begin to suffer beyond 500Kb. Does that hold true in SP 2016 and Nintex WF 2016...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by kjhawkins
  • | October 31, 2017 08:18
  • Views 2086
  • Replies 6

How to create hyperlinks using images, not text?

I'm currently working on a document management system in SharePoint 2016 on-prem using Nintex Forms & Workflow 2016. Because this will be a multi-language application, I need to use icons in place...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by kjhawkins
  • | October 26, 2017 07:54
  • Views 708
  • Replies 1

Check out item - missing Check Out From options

I'm trying to run a check-out/check-in loop on a document. Simple enough. However, neither the Check Out Item or Check In Item actions allow me to change the Check Out From value (see image). It alway...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Posted by kjhawkins
  • | August 16, 2017 08:08
  • Views 417
  • Replies 0

Can we associate a Nintex Workflow to a Custom Content Type on a Content Hub?

We have created a custom content type "SOX Procedure" based on the Document content type. I am able to associate a reusable site collection Nintex WF template with the new content type and a SPD WF on...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Views 639
  • Replies 1

Where to find more info on using Web Service action and RestoreVersion web method? v

I'm trying to create a workflow to restore a previous document version to the latest version (ex. from 3.0 to 6.0). The web service action looks promising, but the documentation is a little lacking.Th...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Views 722
  • Replies 3

Using custom javascript to validate a Currency field not working.

Working with Forms 2010, v1.2.10. Using custom javascript to validate a Currency field. The field is a drop-down list with multiple values, the default being '-select-'. However the code shown below a...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Views 1029
  • Replies 1

Having a problem with the Request Data Task, specifically the "Collect from" field.

We use a workflow variable that is resolves to the name of a Sharepoint group. We try to use the workflow variable to complete the "Collect from" field. When the wf variable is selected from the looku...

In Nintex for SharePoint
  • Views 789
  • Replies 3