cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Re: scheduled site work flow errored - or ???

Jump to solution

Yeah !!! That did it

Thanks for all the help. I would not have been able to figure this out by my self.

Also thanks for spelling out the idea behind your suggestion so I (and all other readers) know the reason for running the commands above.

Again - thanks for your time and effort.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Andrew

Thanks for taking the time to help out.

Fortunately James came up with the solution to my problem.

I see your point. I don't know if I can change the ownership of the workflow. I think it simply belongs to the person who made it. This would be me - not the service account. Also I don't know if I can change which account should run the scheduled workflow. But if I change it to me - then it's only a matter of time before the workflow will fail as a result of me changing password every 3 month. So I believe that some sort of service account need to run the work flow - I just didn't know which problems this could cause. As it turns out - it's ok to use the service account (that's what I'm doing) but as the workflow schedule must be attached to the right web application for it to work.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

A workflow will not fail to launch because of a password change for the user. But a schedule workflow could have issues if the publisher's AD account is deleted. To change the owner of a workflow, you simply need to republish the workflow as a different user.

0 Kudos
bhutim
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Guys,

I have a same problem my server has been thrown into turmoil by workflows that are stuck in a loop where they run and send messages but the results says they have failed which then makes it run again in the next 5 minutes which I end up with lots of emails every 5 minutes.

The technical guy who was helping found this article and performed the steps but I still have the same issue.

I was trying to investigate this myself but the strange thing is that I don't see the Nintex install folders. I am not sure where these folders are and I have looked in both WFE and APP Server but I don't see these folders. Should I be worried?

Today I switched off all reminder workflows as they get into the loop and end up emailing my clients and annoying them. What do I do to resolve this?

Your help will be appreciated. SP2013 and Nintex Workflow 2013 Enterprise - onPrem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
bhutim
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I think my problem is bigger. I just thought after this error I have been !receiving let me try and export the workflow, delete it, recreated import.

I did that but I could not publish the workflow at all. I get the following when I try to publish. I also tried to create a list workflow and tried to publish and also I got the same error.

Workflow Errorse.PNG

0 Kudos
james_tyzack
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Bhuti

Nintex Workflow 2013 doesn’t have an install folder in program files, so do not be concerned about that.

The publish error you are seeing should be able to be solved by doing the following:

1) Go to central administration

2) Click through to the Nintex Workflow management section

3) Choose Web Application Activation

4) Tick ‘All content web applications’

5) And press ‘Activate’

The error indicates that entries in the server web.config file are missing the Nintex Workflow entries. These steps should add them back in. These missing entries would also prevent workflows from running, which could account for the schedule failing as well.

Please try those steps, and if it still does not work please open a case with support@nintex.com<mailto:support@nintex.com> for further assistances

Regards

James

0 Kudos
bhutim
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Still getting the same error after applying the suggestion

Regards

Bhuti

0 Kudos
bhutim
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

The funny thing is that there are 2 other web applications which Nintex is working 100% but to this one web application it is not.

0 Kudos
bhutim
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

I can confirm guys that this was indeed a correct answer. For us apparently it was failing in step 4 telling us that these step had already been ran.

So it turns out that it ran and got stuck and it could not re-activate the solution on this web application anymore. Our technical consultant found a way to remove the previously failed record and re-ran it and it went through okay and the problem was resolved.

Thank you @James Tyzack

0 Kudos