Question

Retrieving Data

Badge +2

Hello
I am using Nintex k2 5 and I want to retrieve employee details in a form from the database (smartobject) the form has employee ID number ,employee name,employee business unit where when I write employee ID number the rest fields (employee name,employee business unit) displayed automatically in the form  from the smartobject how can I do this

5 replies

Badge +8

Just execute the Read method on the SmartObject with a Rule when the button is clicked, map the output of the Read Method to controls on the form.

Badge +2

Thanks it worked ,but I still have an issue I have employee code as a picker list from the database when I choose a specific code number the rest fields (employee name-Business unit) are displayed with other  employee data ,for example employee code:1515 must display employee name:john,business unit:finance but instead of this it displays another  employee name and business unit I want when I choose specific employee code only its related employee name and business unit to be displayed

Badge +8

Typically you will set the Identifier of the Picker control to be the Primary Key column of your source table, e.g. EmployeeID.

Then have an onchange rule for the picker which first check if it is empty and then do the SmartObject Read method passing in the value of the Picker Control.

Badge +2

It worked ,thanks for your help

Badge +2

Sorry there is one last thing,I created the form where I pick up the employee code and his business unit and name displayed automatically from the smartobject I also  filled another fields in the same form like date,amount and I want when I fill these fields to be added to the smartobject not in a new record I want it to be added in the same record of the employee code I picked,how can I do this