cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

remove attachment from current item

I have a workflow associated with a list.

In one of the actions, we are sending emails with the attachment of the current item.

Could you please let me know how do we remove the attachment from the current item as a next step to email.

thanks

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: remove attachment from current item

You have to use Lists.asmx webservice,

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Re: remove attachment from current item

There are two issues about attachment:

1) In the send notification section, i have refered to attachment of the current item. however, when the email is recieved, it is attached with a "True(Error).txt" - "

Error attaching file from True.

System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.

at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)

at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite..ctor(String requestUrl, SPUserToken userToken)

at Nintex.Workflow.HumanApproval.MessageAttachment.GetAsMailAttachment(INWWorkflowContext context)"

2) when the workflow encounters call web service section where i have given the item url to delete the attachments. it gives the error as

"Failed to invoke web service. Error returned from server: <soap:Fault xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><faultcode>soapSmiley Frustratederver</faultcode><faultstring>Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown."

thanks

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply