cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

creating a workflow to ask for inputs from various services

I have created a workflow that basically is when there is a supply that needs to be ordered, the requesting services enters the item and then I need it to go to a purchasing dept to enter and purchase order, date and expected delivery, then once that is completed I need it to go to receiving for them to enter their data when the items are received and where they are delivered to. I had a basic workflow that sends a notification to each department once information is entered, but I didn't like that in the send notification it didn't give a link to the item in SharePoint to go to enter the appropriate data for each service. Then I created a Flexi task and it seemed to get hung up and then I tried to enter a request for data and it didn't work either. I am new to workflows and trying to learn and the workflow actions can get a little confusing. Can anyone help. TIA!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Not applicable

Re: creating a workflow to ask for inputs from various services

So it sounds like what you want to do is use an Assign to-do task.

The Task Notification portion will automatically have a link to the item in it plus a link to the task assigned to the user so they can update the list item and complete the task to advance the workflow.

Usually you want to use First response applies in the Task options so that if you are assigning to a group of people whoever gets to if first will advance the workflow. That is the common configuration I have seen.

In the Content type section just create new and give it a nice unique name unless you have already created a content type in a different section in the workflow in which case re-use that content type.

In the ribbon select Task Notification and look at the body of the email. That will likely do it for you, but you can customize it further if you want.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

When I create a new content type, do I have to go in and do anything to that content type? I know that on the list, I have 3 different content types, but I wasn't sure for the workflow content type. What does this actually do?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

No you shouldn't have to do anything. I believe Nintex just wants to create a content type as a way of creating a reusable object that you can leverage in other workflows.

0 Kudos